Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sore joints - weather change

Options
  • 15-08-2012 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Anyone else ever experience sore joints in their body prior to a drop in pressure, or extreme rain?

I have an unexplained very bad pain in the back of my hand. It feels like some rheumatism. (I'm only 30) Aparently we're due an unusual low pressure over Ireland. I will be interested to see if the pain disappears when the stormy weather passes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Arthritis? Apparently damp (and maybe humid) weather ajitate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

qwert2 wrote: »
    Anyone else ever experience sore joints in their body prior to a drop in pressure, or extreme rain?

I have an unexplained very bad pain in the back of my hand. It feels like some rheumatism. (I'm only 30) Aparently we're due an unusual low pressure over Ireland. I will be interested to see if the pain disappears when the stormy weather passes

It's got nothing at all to do with pressure. Most likely dehydration.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

Funny that you started this thread, I was going to do the same! My left knee gets pretty sore when the pressure drops.

It's been killing me since about 9 o clock this evening and I had no idea why until I got home and everyone was talking about the weather tomorrow. My ears have also been "popping" all day, very annoying :mad: Worst part? I'm only fecking 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Frack

Very oddly I was googling the very same while lurking in this forum - had my ankle reconstructed many years ago and is aching this evening. There is some info on it out there with some very limited science to back it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

My mom has had it for years after suffering back injuries in a car crash. Whenever bad weather is coming (drop in pressure) her back begins to lock up fairly painfully, even to a point where she'll have to lie down for hours just to feel comfortable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Yes! my my neck gets very sore and the pain down my left arm into my wrist gets worse during cold damp weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Woke up this morning with an awful headache. Joints seem fine though. I have a broken (unmended) finger which is actually fine. Might be something to do with the panadol I had earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Not so much joint pain, but I seem to get sinus headaches when the weather is like this, or very humid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

RMD wrote: »
    My mom has had it for years after suffering back injuries in a car crash. Whenever bad weather is coming (drop in pressure) her back begins to lock up fairly painfully, even to a point where she'll have to lie down for hours just to feel comfortable.

Again, it's got nothing to do with the actual pressure change. The pressure changes much more say driving up a hill than it does when a depression is approaching. If I drive from Dublin to Celbridge (only 65 metres) the pressure drops by around 8 hPa in the 15-20 minutes journey....many times more than an approaching weather system.

There are many more likely reasons for ailments than pressure.

Advertisement