Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Golf TDi Mk4 - Looking for a straight Through exhaust.

Options
  • 15-08-2012 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I am currently looking for a straight through exhaust for my golf, and I am unable to find one anywhere on the internet? could someone please help me !?

I know lots of people dislike them ect ect and iv read everything everyone hs to say about them.

So please only helpful comments on where I am able to find one please.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jimmith

So with this do I just buy the Large Bore Downpipe ? and then apply a back box to that also?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DoylerC

Custom metal works in Newtownmountkennedy can make up exhausts to suit almost anythin, might be worth giving them a call.. www.custommetalworks.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Jimmith wrote: »
    So with this do I just buy the Large Bore Downpipe ? and then apply a back box to that also?

You need to speak to people from the likes of chippedire to find out what brands and parts work best with your car. Presumably your just after some noise as on a tdi, a proper remap will give vastly more improvement then an exhaust on its own.

I want performance and noise! :) will be getting remap very soon but want to sort exhaust first!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Syllabus

I want performance and noise! :) !

dont waste your money

get a bigger engined petrol car and voila!!

imo

Money isnt too much of an issue! and being 18 nearly 19 insurance isnt exactly cheap on a bigger engined petrol :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Syllabus

Money isnt too much of an issue! and being 18 nearly 19 insurance isnt exactly cheap on a bigger engined petrol :P

money isnt an issue at 18 years of age!!

yet too much of an issue to afford higher insurance:confused::confused::confused:

I want performance and noise! :) will be getting remap very soon but want to sort exhaust first!

Well performance increase will be almost nothing or, in many cases,actually worse with a mismatched exhaust parts.

Also, fitting an exhaust without a matching intake to allow for the extra airflow and a remap to get all those working together is pointless IMO.

I have got it chipped in fairness so the exhaust is kinda a big thing I want to get done, all I need to know is where I can actually buy one from and not like in parts from separate places :)

And the money issue.. I love my current golf too much :P <3

• Advertisement

I have got it chipped in fairness so the exhaust is kinda a big thing I want to get done, all I need to know is where I can actually buy one from and not like in parts from separate places :)

And the money issue.. I love my current golf too much :P <3

I'd have to recommend that you get some advice on the best way to properly tune your car.

When you say chipped, if its one of the generic maps just downloaded from a laptop then its not ideal as its not suited to your specific car.

If you are going to fit an exhaust system and any other mods then you should have the car properly remapped on a dyno after the mods are fitted so as the ECU is set up to suit the mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭cormywormy

Basically you want to chop the cat out them put a straight piece in then take the back box out and put in a straight pipe. What engine is in your mk4? is it a pd and what bhp is it. What bhp are you aiming for? 130 or 190? If you put in a full turbo back 3 inch pipe you will loose performance as the pressure in the enigne will be messed up.

As nissan doctor said, are you just putting in a chip or getting it mapped on a dyno.

Okay sweet for the advise, im getting it mapped and dynoed for full ECU and my Golf is a 1.9 100 bhp currently!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭cormywormy

well with a good map and if your clutch and turbo is ok you will prob get 140 bhp max out of it. Dont put a big 3 inch pipe on it, will just be terrible . do your few mods then map it. keep an eye on dungdeal on mk4 owners websites a full turbo back milltek migh come up

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭John J. Lyons

A turbocharged engine dosen't need back pressure - it actually is the opposite the less restrictions in the exhaust the better- as for a straight through pipe it will make the car sound like a tractor

Advertisement