Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summoned for meeting.

Options
  • 15-08-2012 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

My boss phoned me today re; an allegation made against a co-worker over him illegally and allegedly taking documents from the workplace. I've been asked to attend formal interview to discuss my knowledge,if any of this. It's been made clear I'm not in trouble but my co-worker is up the swanny (the company has been out for him for a while, he's facing the sack). I told my boss I'd call the office tomorrow and let him know when and if I can attend. I tendered my resignation this evening, completely unrelated, I'm starting a new full time job (my old job is on call,so no real notice required). Do I still have to attend this meeting which will effectively result in my co-worker being hung and sacked (I don't want too). If I refuse can it effect my reference? As stated I've a new job lined up and won't be back in my old workplace anymore. Tnx

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

You should attend the meeting, all you can say in the meeting is that you don't know anything. That way you don't burn any bridges nor support the case against your college (assuming you don't know anything).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

If I refuse can it effect my reference?

Of course it can: Irealnd is a very small village, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭tony81

I'd attend the meeting but I'd be careful not to incriminate myself.
    If you knew about it the company will probably wonder why you didn't speak up.

Advertisement