Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Muay Thai/Kickboxing at West Dublin area

• 15-08-2012 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I am a total beginner with absolute no experience in any contact sports but have always been a big admirer of the two sports. Was wondering is there any gyms/classes that are available in the West Dublin area (Lucan, Tallaght, Leixlip etc). I would have some sort of fitness level as I have been running quite a lot past 2 months but once again with absolute no experience in any contact sports but would love to learn from a beginners point of view. Thanks all :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Bres

Depends where ya live, If tallaghts not too far of a trek Spartan have a beginners Thai Boxing Class Mondays @7 and MMA striking Thursday @7, Also Strike and Conditioning Mondays @12pm... Lucan MMA have a Kickboxing class Tuesdays & Thursdays @8pm

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Spartan-Training-Centre/123036997782459

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭x00065954

Nope Tallaght would be fine for me as I attend Tallaght IT anyway. So you would recommend Spartan in Tallaght then? So from the info you posted Monday is Thai Boxing and Thursday is MMA striking? Sorry maybe a stupid question but what does MMA Striking involve?
    Bres wrote: »
    Depends where ya live, If tallaghts not too far of a trek Spartan have a beginners Thai Boxing Class Mondays @7 and MMA striking Thursday @7, Also Strike and Conditioning Mondays @12pm... Lucan MMA have a Kickboxing class Tuesdays & Thursdays @8pm

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Spartan-Training-Centre/123036997782459

Basic Stand-up striking with take-downs ground striking with some nice sparring at the end. Pop down on monday if your about we have a few lads from tallaght I.T training with us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭x00065954

Cool sounds good. I dont think I will be joining yet but defiantly looking to join in September as I will be going back to college then and I will be reducing my part time contract hours in my job so I can have more spare time during the week for training. So Mondays and Thursdays are the best days to go then yea? Just looking at the website and it says wrestling on the Mondays at 7?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

might as well mention chupasart, were in ballymount industrial estate in d12 just off the greenhills road

Pure thai boxing every day of the week

paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Advertisement

x00065954 wrote: »
    Cool sounds good. I dont think I will be joining yet but defiantly looking to join in September as I will be going back to college then and I will be reducing my part time contract hours in my job so I can have more spare time during the week for training. So Mondays and Thursdays are the best days to go then yea? Just looking at the website and it says wrestling on the Mondays at 7?

Awesome, Yeah the website needs an update. I should get around to it this week :) Wrestling is now on tuesdays.

Advertisement