Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newcastle away

Options
  • 15-08-2012 6:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭

The premier league is back thank god and our first match is a tricky one

I think we won't have any new players unt the end of the window so if we can scrape a few draws until then we will be doing well

I think sat could be embarrassing for us and we will get beaten

/-/Friedal

Walker ---Kabul ---- jan
    ekotto

Sandro
    Icelandic lad

----Lennon ---/vdv---bale

defoe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Id go with same line-up except AVB might start Kane.

The international games tonight might have something to say about that starting XI

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I could be wrong but I think Livermore is a certain starter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Yeah I reckon Sigurdsson has been signed as an attacking mid, more so than a Modric replacement, so expect to see 2 out of Livermore/Jenas/Sandro in midfield.

Sigurdsson may play instead of VdV as support striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

it has the feeling of Boro away opening day 2008

I can see us losing 2-0 without a fight, a draw would be a good result

That said, it should be a good laugh in the pubs before and after, nothing like a night out in the toon !!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Jeez, we're an awfully negative bunch these days :P

1-3 to Spurs, with a Siggy double.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Tiote & Colcini are doubts. Both Demba Ba is finishing Ramadan ( not sure if Cisse does it too.) Hopefully good news for us. I'm very optimistic, maybe stupidly so but mainly just delighted to have the season back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

No point in going in with a defeatist attitude, there’s been some cracking games between the two sides over the years. I for one can’t wait for Saturday.

Players can’t do much about the lack of transfers, the squad is what it is at the moment. Prediction 2-2, possibly a last minute missile by Sig to win it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Start Kane ?? Are people mad, he is an unproven kid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Am expecting a defeat and AVB's high line to cost us a goal. Sorry to be pessimistic but at the moment I can't get one bit excited about Spurs. Is the first time ever am not looking forward to the start of the season.

Sandro didn't play at all tonight so might start sat evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Sandro didn't play at all tonight so might start sat evening.

Think Sandro starting would be a huge boost for us.

Can see us winning 2-1 if thats the case. He should be flying fit, keep him going if possible till Parker gets back and then let him have a rest.

I shall remain optimistic until the season slowly but surely eats away at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm hopeful for a winning start here. All logic suggests otherwise but I gotta a feeling. Having said that I'd be happy with a decent performance and a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Ba are doubts for us. Cisse trained yesterday so should start.

Coloccini and Tiote are supposedly fit to play. Can see new boy Anita starting alongside Tiote in midfield.

Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Ba would be big losses for the Magpies.

Then again all 3 could start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

this side is not too bad (Sigg for VDV maybe)

Brad

walker kaboul verts bae

Jake sandro

lennon vdv bale

defoe

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Don't know if Sandro will start tomorrow as he's only with us a few days.

Glad Jake is probably starting though, good nursing Thudd back to full health before commiting him too.

Jake has surprised me he has a good eye for a pass he cam split a defence but he doesn't do it regularily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

this side is not too bad (Sigg for VDV maybe)

Brad

walker kaboul verts bae

Jake sandro

lennon vdv bale

defoe

I'd go for that team too, including your option for Sigg for VDV - I don't think VDV has played much pre-season so I'm not sure how fit he is. AVB reckons Sandro is in contention for a start so hopefully we'll see him there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Looks like our best side alright, Sandro and Vert only got back yesterday so hopefully they're both good to go! Getting excited now #COYS

Sandro has had a stronger pre-season than the rest, was rested for Brazil's friendly during the week, and trained with the squad today and yesterday.

I think he should be in the team. Maybe give him a rest for a couple of weeks when Parker gets back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I'm apprehensive about tomorrow, that's not to say pessimistic though. Maybe it's just all the stuff I've been reading on various forums about Spurs fans not being happy with the squad. I think the pre-season lacked a little bit of fluidity (thanks to a combintation of sagas - AVB, Adebayor, Modric - we haven't had it easy), hopefully that's not felt by the players heading in to the season. I can't wait for the transfer window to be closed and the dust to settle, though by then it could be too late - AVB needs time. Argh, I'm rambling.

A score draw tomorrow and three points against WBA next week. Four points from out opening two games, not bad. :)

As for the team, I'd be in agreement with the above. Maybe Dawson to start as AVB looks to ease in to the revolution. Also, Sig starting ahead of VDV, purely due to having more of a workout in pre-season.

• Advertisement

I think I'd leave vdv on the line and introduce him after an our or so score dependent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I think we will do okay. Defoe will probably score too and everyone will wonder what the f we were talking about re: no new striker.

The high line will be dicey too but i'm prepared for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Thumped is my guess. New manager, new system, best player gone awol, one of last years most prolific players still in Manchester instead of with us, no Parker, no Ledley, away from home at (an improved and settled) Newastle and Levy's in New York with his sick missus so we've bought nobody in the postions that we've got holes.

To even get a draw here will be gold. And to be fair I'd expect as much. AVB aint gonna just pick up where Arry left off last year. I actually think that he's (we're) better to not pay too much attention to early season results and just focus on putting his stamp on the team. Still meens a thrashing for us tomorrow though me thinks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I'm not too optimistic myself either. AVB's system at Porto and Chelsea relied on a midf who is somewhat decent at ball retention, and we just don't have that type of player. Also, if we go with his preferred 4-3-3 I presume vdV will be in the middle? That's never worked well in the past, but then again, if he doesn't play there I can see Newcastle dominating the middle third.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

sig to score equaliser in 1-1 draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Can't see us winning,I'll go for 1-1 draw.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

We'll win

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

Think we can nip a win, going for a 2-1 with Syg and Jimmy Defoe to score. COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Nervous about today if im completely honest, working now so wont see any of the footy! Hope we do it, i can see us keeping a clean sheet but no idea where we'll get a goal from... Maybe sigg or vert on their debut!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

"I miss play in my team... Come on you spurs"
    345zmol.jpg

Advertisement