Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crunchyroll PS3 app

Options
  • 15-08-2012 7:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭

Trying out the 30 day trial of Crunchyroll that can be gotten through the PS3 app ( 14 days normally through website), and while there are some US only shows most new shows are there for Ireland.

While Crunchy roll lets you watch the shows free a week after they broadcast on your PC, the app is only for premium users who among other things get 1080p (only on PC right now but said to be coming) with shows being available an hour after Japan.

Some of you may have Netflix and there is a thread about the anime section on it but this is all subbed, all new ( except for all the old), and only €5 a month or €9 for anime and drama (personally is would not).

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Varik wrote: »
    Trying out the 30 day trial of Crunchyroll that can be gotten through the PS3 app ( 14 days normally through website), and while there are some US only shows most new shows are there for Ireland.

While Crunchy roll lets you watch the shows free a week after they broadcast on your PC, the app is only for premium users who among other things get 1080p (only on PC right now but said to be coming) with shows being available an hour after Japan.

Some of you may have Netflix and there is a thread about the anime section on it but this is all subbed, all new ( except for all the old), and only €5 a month or €9 for anime and drama (personally is would not).

How are you finding it?are the show subtitled only? no dubs?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

How are you finding it?are the show subtitled only? no dubs?

Crunchyroll has always been subs only, thank ****!

Haven't tried the app, but don't want to commit to another monthly service. The site sometimes works through the PS3 browser, but it's slow and ads tend to mess it up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Crunchyroll has always been subs only, thank ****!

really?I was just randomly watching shows on it before and they were subtitled,So you can't actually download a crunchy roll app?the way you can download a netflix app onto your dashboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

really?I was just randomly watching shows on it before and they were subtitled,So you can't actually download a crunchy roll app?the way you can download a netflix app onto your dashboard?

The app is for paying subscribers only, you have to use the PS3s web browser to then go onto the site if you want to do it for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

The app is pretty crummy sadly. I really wanted it to be good because I love the stuff crunchyroll are doing but it's a really flaky app with a lot of hanging and stuttering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Agreed, CR runs fine on my PC at 720p but cant get 10 consecutive seconds from the PS3 app at the same res.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭xtinataguba

how did you find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Think I got mine from the USA PSN store. Probably not big enough in Europe yet to warrant Sony bothering to put it up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 impalingnubs

Does it show ads on the PS3 app too? Or is that something only free users have to deal with, because it really sucks.

Advertisement