Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you an introvert or an extrovert?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

brummytom wrote: »
    I'm about 5ft7 :(

D'aaaaaaaaaaaaaawh! Ickely wickley you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

Depending on mood i can be either. dont really get the whole label put on to these things, people act differently in different situations so fail to be either.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 st3veebee

Easily more of an introvert. I used to think that people offered me very little but over time have realised that I need far more social interation.

Happy enough now where I have my standard office banter and then at least one pub visit with mates a week.

One annoying trait I have noticed about myself is in group situation I just can't express myself loudly enough, so I have a few beers just to ease up. However I then notice that my voice is much softer and I just end up struggling to be heard!! Damn my weak voice >(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

100% introvert. Lots of people seem to think that means you must be shy or quiet, but I am quite chatty, not remotely shy and have no problems speaking in public. I just prefer to spend time alone most of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

Introvert and glad I am, there's nothing worse than an over-excited extrovert who gets physically way too close and doesn't shut up. If I want to know something I'll ask, I don't want to listen to all this chit-chat about the weather or coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

syndeyfife wrote: »
    Extrovert. Love being around people, hate being on my own.

Interesting, they didn't let you onto the plane yet, what a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Introvert. People get on my nerves after a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

I'm whatever you want me to be baby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

an extrovert misanthrope, when pissed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

introvert. I could go days without seeing someone and it wouldn't bother me. I don't really like meeting new people but love hanging out with the friends I have once in a while.

sometimes I read people's facebook updates saying 'unreal night last night' with *insert 20, tagged people* and I sort of wish I was more outgoing but then I remember I hate loud music, crowds, alcohol and generally doing things at night... cinema at midday ftw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Very much a introvert :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭billyhead

100% introvert. Lots of people seem to think that means you must be shy or quiet, but I am quite chatty, not remotely shy and have no problems speaking in public. I just prefer to spend time alone most of the time.

Exactly like me:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Interesting, they didn't let you onto the plane yet, what a surprise.

Banned

For being a dick, it's so easy not to be one.

On your return, think long and hard on who you interact with and how you interact. We'll be reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Naturally an introvert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,443 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Extreme Introvert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 De Oro

Introvert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

painfully introverted. heres how I describe myself. skip to 38 seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Shy when I don't know people, very much an extrovert once the ice breaks (in the glass of whiskey).

On my own or company - don't mind either one, but couldn't be alone for long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Depends on which one of my personalities are in control ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

Not sure entirely. I think Im more on the introverted side generally but when Im out etc I often seem to be the life of the party, or so Im told. Kinda depends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Probably introverted. Outside of work, I spend most of my time on my own. I wouldn't go out of my way to chat to people, cause I haven't much to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Very much an introvert. I would be the quiet shy guy in the group. I can't engage in small talk for my life...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

I guess I'm a natural introvert.

I'm quite social when I'm with people but after a few hours I just feel drained and irritable. I also really, really dislike staying at other people's houses for some reason. I just don't enjoy it at all and plus it generally means I can't shower in the morning which means I feel tired all day. Anyone else this way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

robman60 wrote: »
    I guess I'm a natural introvert.

I'm quite social when I'm with people but after a few hours I just feel drained and irritable. I also really, really dislike staying at other people's houses for some reason. I just don't enjoy it at all and plus it generally means I can't shower in the morning which means I feel tired all day. Anyone else this way?
    I don't like sharing accommodation and staying at other people's homes too. Never do it. I like to have my own space and my own bathroom... possibly why I didn't move out to a rented house during college and even if I had to, i'ld much prefer getting a single bed flat than sharing a house...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

Lot of people equating being introverted with being shy. They arent the same thing.

I am not shy by any stretch of the imagination. Perfectly happy approaching random girls at a bar for a chat, quite vocal when with my mates, work in an aggressive environment, speak in public regularly, and am a clear Shaper (according to the Belbin personality test). But I need significant amounts of time on my own to recharge my batteries, and am perfectly happy spending the odd weekend without seeing anyone. I would hate to feel like I had to be out all the time like some of my friends who can't deal with a night on their own in the house.

An introvert enjoys time alone and gets emotionally drained after spending a lot of time with others. A shy person doesn't necessarily want to be alone, but is afraid to interact with others. Shyness can be treated and dealt with, and might change over time as you get accustomed to the situation / people. Introvertedness is just how you are.

So outgoing and confident, but introverted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

steve9859 wrote: »
    Lot of people equating being introverted with being shy. They arent the same thing.

I am not shy by any stretch of the imagination. Perfectly happy approaching random girls at a bar for a chat, quite vocal when with my mates, work in an aggressive environment, speak in public regularly, and am a clear Shaper (according to the Belbin personality test). But I need significant amounts of time on my own to recharge my batteries, and am perfectly happy spending the odd weekend without seeing anyone. I would hate to feel like I had to be out all the time like some of my friends who can't deal with a night on their own in the house.

An introvert enjoys time alone and gets emotionally drained after spending a lot of time with others. A shy person doesn't necessarily want to be alone, but is afraid to interact with others. Shyness can be treated and dealt with, and might change over time as you get accustomed to the situation / people. Introvertedness is just how you are.

So outgoing and confident, but introverted.

I agree with you there. I'm quite vocal amongst my friends and certainly not shy to share my opinions with people and most people would assume that I am an extrovert if they met me. However, after a few hours with people I feel the same as you, drained and wanting to go home and be alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭dttq

frag420 wrote: »
    Im an extropervert!!

So you're that fecker who's been stalking my sister!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭dttq

Medusa22 wrote: »
    Well, because I've posted this on boards I can have a guess already ;)

The thread about house-sharing and landlords made me think of this. Some people feel much better around other people and need to have people with them all the time.

Others, like me, need time away from people because I find them a bit overwhelming at times and just need time to relax by myself. I don't think I'd ever cope in a house-share because people must be there all the time and sometimes I just really don't feel like interacting! I'm pretty anti-social though, my friends know this. Having said that, I live with my partner and we spend a lot of time together but I wouldn't want to spend that much time with anyone else.

So, people of boards, are you introverts or extroverts?

Pretty much an introvert, though not immune from the occasional outburst of extroversion, particulary when called for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭fluke

Yeah pretty much an introvert - at parties after a while I just wanna go home. Nightclubs are the bane of my existence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I'm an introvert, just need time to myself as people can be draining and it can be a task for me to deal with them.

Though, sometimes, out of nowhere, I get a spell of extrovertedness and can be quite the opposite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Introvert, without a doubt.

I am considered "the mad one" in my group of friends, and love to have a laugh, but outside of that circle I'm seen to very quiet, as I don't do much small talk. My parents' neighbours think I'm unfriendly!

I come across fairly confident in work and can give presentations etc without throwing a wobbler.

I have a whole house to myself and would never consider letting out a room - I love Friday night to myself after a week's work, just to recharge, Saturday and Sunday I'm happy to meet mates, go walking, pub etc.

Introverts rule, indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Invertebrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭AllWasWell

I'm a mix between the two. I love spending time on my own, especially after hanging out with people too long I'd just be itching to have some alone time and recharge my batteries..too much of it tho and i get really lonely and crave company! I prefer a happy medium, with my friends but not constantly in their face all the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Eden3

Wow ... I used to be a MEGA extravert ... after two kids + lots of bills + oh yeah divorce, hmmmm.... not so much these days ...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

i think im an introvert.. but would rather be an extrovert

Advertisement