Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much covergae for plasterer in 1 day?

Options
  • 15-08-2012 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Like the title suggests how much area would you expect a plasterer to cover in one day for a) External render and b) Internal skim coat?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭saltandpepper10

would not go down that road if i were you,major difference between a plastrerer and a man with some tools,this is a really important part of your finish which you will see forever,unless you want to become familiar with products called blue grit and thistle bond not to mention the exterior one whose name escapes me atm all imo of course

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

would not go down that road if i were you,major difference between a plastrerer and a man with some tools,this is a really important part of your finish which you will see forever,unless you want to become familiar with products called blue grit and thistle bond not to mention the exterior one whose name escapes me atm all imo of course
    Please don't assume the reason the OP has for asking the question, there could be several reasons someone wants to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭223vmax

I have 3 known reputable plasterers that have done work for me and some family over the years. Some want to give a day rate others want to give a fixed price. So obviously for a day rate how much would I expect them to cover in a day. The job is a new extension so should be straight forward enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

If your happy with there previous work id go with the lad giving you the price!

Im always worried about lads on day work, that maybe they are not as motivated as the lad on price. And if there is a problem with work done by the lad on day work, your paying him to fix hes snags to hes benefit again!

A lad on price needs to get it done right and fast the first time round!

Advertisement