Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well, how'd it go?

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

So, I'm 5 points off my top course in DIT, and this means the next course Ill be offered is UCD but I only really want the course in DIT :/
    I think I did far better than marked on French HL and want to get it rechecked. So would it be wise to accept the course in UCD if given it, then wait until the results of the appeal come out? Is it possible to change to course(As well as colleges) if you make the points by recheck?
    Im so stressed out here! all I need is 5 more points, whereas I feel I should go up at least 20 points in french (I want to study french so I'm fairly certain I did everything I could for this exam and put in real effort!)

I'm the same. 5 frickin' points.
    I never even thought I would get close to 515 so being 5 off is really sickening.
    So although I am delighted, I think I'll get 1 or 2 viewed. Can't hurt like.
    Hopefully I'll be able to find 5 points there somewhere, providing the points don't go up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Got 400 points which I'm sooo happy with but I wish I'd studied a lot harder. Did very little and it's now hit me what I could have achieved :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mardybumm

I got 515 last year and repeated this year and got 595, would never say don't repeat! Hopefully got my first choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

English A2 (i had been getting Cs all year, and the exam went horrifically, so i defo think its a mistake :L )
    Irish B1
    Maths B2 (gwan the bonus points )
    French A2
    Ag Sci A2
    Biology A1
    Geography A2

so 565 which is beyond anything i had imagined! :O i looked at my predictions there and my really optimistic ones were 520! i got 480 in the pres, and was just wishing i'd get up to 500 :L i feel like these aren't my results?? no words to describe the happiness :L i needed 500, probably less this year, so delighted :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rebelfitz

hi guys,

french a1
    irish a1
    buisness a1
    geography a1
    accounting a2
    maths b2
    english c1

600 points-pretty well chuffed:D:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭mathstalk

rebelfitz wrote: »
    hi guys,

french a1
    irish a1
    buisness a1
    geography a1
    accounting a2
    maths b2
    english c1

600 points-pretty well chuffed:D:o

That's 595 actually :o
    An amazing accomplishment regardless, congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭shanmo

I am the only one wondering why everyone is getting over 500 points on boards ???

I found that a lot of lieing is going on here today ;)

I was wondering that to, I was like damn these people did good. Pushing points up for me.
    Well done though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

mathstalk wrote: »
    That's 595 actually :o
    An amazing accomplishment regardless, congrats!

I got 595 too, kinda wanted an extra 5:D

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭shanmo

Hi.
    Has anyone here got international business in ul as top choice??if so anybody a rough idea of what they think points might be?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Cosmic.Postman

Man...I'm so ****ing shocked! 565!! I did not expect to get anywhere near that! I'm up 115 from the mocks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭rosualt

Eathrin wrote: »

For some reason 595 sounds more impressive than 600 to me... Just felt like telling you this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭K_1

Ecstatic doesn't even approach how I felt yesterday morning!

Irish, English, french - A2
    Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Ag science - A1

605, hell yeah!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Irish A1
    Business A1
    History A1
    French A2
    Accounting A2
    English B1
    Maths B3

580 ! So happy! Topped my year at school :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Eathrin wrote: »

Same :D Not too bothered about it though unless my course goes up :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Have to say Lads and lassies, Well Done! , I know you're a small demographic but theres some very smart kids round these parts all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭mathstalk

rosualt wrote: »
    For some reason 595 sounds more impressive than 600 to me... Just felt like telling you this :)

That's because it's a palindrome. Even if the digits are flipped, it's still 595. 600 when flipped, on the other hand, is merely 006. Take that 600'ers!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 abbeymate

I'm really disappointed.. Really thought I did better in some subjects, HAVE to get them rechecked. Here goes:

All Higher:
    English: A2 (Gutted, didnt finish Hamlet Q)
    Irish: B1
    Maths: B2 (Got a D in the JC :L )
    Biology: B1 (Fuming)
    Business: B1
    French: B3 (disappointed)
    Chemistry: B3 (devastated)
    Geography: B3 (knew I messed this up but got an A in the mocks and all along)

So a total of 525
    Its just tough when I see decent grades but my lack of A1s and A2s thanks to three B1s drags me down :(
    All I want is medicine or pharmacy and have everywhere except cork down, I have to move away from here and experience life outside cork. I got HEAR and am hoping for round 2 offers to save me but frankly ive lost all hope
    Ill stop with this sob story now, I dont want to depress this thread any longer!! :-S
    Hope everyone gets what they want on monday though :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

Absolutely delighted with my results!

English - A2 (was hoping for the A1 but Plath shat all over that dream)
    Irish - B2 (delighted! Got a c3 in the mocks so wasn't expecting much)
    French - A2 (I'm so proud of this one, worked my ass off all year and it payed off!)
    History - B3 (One of my favourite subjects, had a meltdown the morning of the exam so I'm happy enough!)
    Art - B3 (happy with this, practical went terrible!)
    Biology - C2 (walked out of that exam thinking I failed, pretty happy)
    Maths - B3 (my only OL subject, couldn't give a shíte!)

So 475 in total! I'm more happy with my grades than the actual points really. Went up 25 points from the mocks which isn't drastic but hey, I got more than enough for my course!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭That Handsome Devil

English - A1
    Irish - B1
    Maths - A1
    Spanish - A1
    Biology - A1
    Chemistry - A1
    Physics - A1
    App Maths - A1
    Religion - A1

Absolutely floored with my results... wasn't expecting this (I know its cliched) especially Spanish. Been over the moon though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 markbb1994

Got 470....not sure if I'll get 1st choice yet but will def get my 2nd choice if i dont.....happy with it anyway :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

biohaiid wrote: »
    In shock. Happy shock. Delighted :)
    Irish: A2
    English: B1 (WTF? I THOUGHT I FAILED)
    French: B1
    Bio: B1
    Geog: B1
    Home Ec: B2

Music: B3 (LOL, I DIDN'T STUDY FOR THIS)
    Maths (OL): B1.

So 510 points.
    Very happy. 5 off my course I think, but ohwell.
    A bit dissappointed with Geog and Home Ec but I made up the points in other subjects.
    Does anyone know when we find out about the change in points for this year?

I forgot my distinction in LCVP :p

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fiona1993

Hey guys,

A quick question, you know if you didn't get your first choice on round one but you accepted you second, would you get an offer for round two for your first choice if the points came down to what you have? Or if you accept on round one do you get no round two offers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Fiona1993 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

A quick question, you know if you didn't get your first choice on round one but you accepted you second, would you get an offer for round two for your first choice if the points came down to what you have? Or if you accept on round one do you get no round two offers?
    Yep - you can go up your CAO list, just not down. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fiona1993

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Yep - you can go up your CAO list, just not down. :)
    Great! Thanks a million! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Fiona1993 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

* cough *

:D

Advertisement