Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well, how'd it go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

ViveLaVie wrote: »
    What course?

Veterinary Medicine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

Got my results today and am not one bit happy, I always studied but was never the type to do well in exams and am TERRIBLE at maths!
    I was hoping to do Music, through arts in maynooth and now i'm devasted that I can't get my desired course....

Irish: (H) C1
    English: (O) B2
    Maths: (O) F
    History: (O) C3
    French: (O) C2
    Biology: (H) F
    Music: (H) C1

So 225 points when I was looking for 380!!!

So can anyone tell what else can I do to get into this course or any course(music) without REPEATING the LC?? The only PLC i saw was music in BALLYFERMOT and i live in SANTRY so that's just too far to travel...... help need!! thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

So, Patchy your in the 92nd percentile then yeah? :pac: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SlyBacon93

480 pretty happy...went by over a 100 points since I repeated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭spideyman92

what does a star next to a grade mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭EducationFinder

Got my results today and am not one bit happy, I always studied but was never the type to do well in exams and am TERRIBLE at maths!
    I was hoping to do Music, through arts in maynooth and now i'm devasted that I can't get my desired course....

Irish: (H) C1
    English: (O) B2
    Maths: (O) F
    History: (O) C3
    French: (O) C2
    Biology: (H) F
    Music: (H) C1

So 225 points when I was looking for 380!!!

So can anyone tell what else can I do to get into this course or any course(music) without REPEATING the LC?? The only PLC i saw was music in BALLYFERMOT and i live in SANTRY so that's just too far to travel...... help need!! thanks

Trying applying for a plc closer to home, you will get placed on the waiting list might be awhile or... Repeat if you really need to, it actually not that bad if you are willing to do the work, but try ALL your option before looking to repeat ALLL... Its not that bad but you know

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭EducationFinder

Is it english?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Patchy, c'mere, give me an adjective that describes a moment of surreal elation! Umm.. ecstatic about these results!

English: A1
    Russian: A1
    Construction: A1
    Physics A2
    Economics: B1
    LCVP: Distinction
    Defence Against Dark Arts: Exceeds Expectations (E)

Total: 545

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

Flabangav wrote: »
    What course?

Veterinary Medicine.

Well look there might be another way to get into the course! That's an ace Leaving Cert. all the same.

I missed my course by ten points. Was gutted and went and did another one. Loved it so much and would never go back. Things have an odd way of working out sometimes!

Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Anyone else dissapointed with the Irish result? I was destined for an A2 and only got a B2.Loads of my friends who are excellent at Irish only got B2's aswell.

On the other hand I got an A2 in English after only getting C's all year.Its a miracle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

Well look there might be another way to get into the course! That's an ace Leaving Cert. all the same.

I missed my course by ten points. Was gutted and went and did another one. Loved it so much and would never go back. Things have an odd way of working out sometimes!

Best of luck!

Thanks :) I think I'll repeat and try again! I skipped TY so I'm still young anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I'm kind of disappointed. I'm appealing French because I only got a B1. I got an A1 in English though. 405 overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭dmca93

All Honours

Irish: A2
    English:A2
    Maths:C1
    Chemistry:A1
    Biology:A1
    French:A1
    Music:A2

So 575.. incredibly happy. Most surprised by English considering I was caught out by Pleaney and wrote about three pages of crap on Kavanagh, was expecting something like a C1..not an A2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

finality wrote: »
    haha, and we were both so disappointed with how applied maths went.
    Yes we were and we were right to be disappointed too!
    Didn't get a single A1 for my Physics&Applied Maths teacher, strange seeing as I find Maths incredibly easy.

Sorry about how Maths went for you though, even though you knew it afterwards, at least you made it up in your other subjects.
    Patchy~ wrote: »
    Chem, finality and Cian omg you guys, well the fcuk done!! :D

Chem: Username
    Finality: Username
    Cian: Cian Naww feels so personal:pac:

Thanks.

And tough luck there Chem, but hey, nobody remembers results:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

Devastated with English, only got a C1 and I was an A student right throughout primary and secondary. I don't even care what I got in the other subjects, I just cannot believe I got a C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

English - A1
    Irish - B1
    Maths (o) - A2
    French - B2
    History - B2 - disappointed
    Business- C1 - very disappointed, will recheck for the craic
    Physics - B3 - delighted
    Economics - B3

By my calculations, 495.

Thanks all again, hope you get your courses etc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Is it english?

Is that the symbol that means you were missing for a section of the exam? Like a project or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I am the only one wondering why everyone is getting over 500 points on boards ???

I found that a lot of lieing is going on here today ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I'm kind of disappointed. I'm appealing French because I only got a B1. I got an A1 in English though. 405 overall.

You should, I got an A2 in French and I'm beyond shíte at it. Seriously, you'd walk me at it. It is possible though that I kept it so so simple that I made few mistakes.

Do you need more points for your first choice or is it more of a fúck you appeal?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭spideyman92

i dunno its only my friend asked and i didnt know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭mathstalk

dmca93 wrote: »
    All Honours

English:A2
    Maths:C1
    Chemistry:A1
    Biology:A1
    French:A1
    Music:A2

So 575.. incredibly happy. Most surprised by English considering I was caught out by Pleaney and wrote about three pages of crap on Kavanagh, was expecting something like a C1..not an A2.

595 actually, congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭HeaneyBabe

A1 in HL Italian ahhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Eathrin wrote: »
    You should, I got an A2 in French and I'm beyond shíte at it. Seriously, you'd walk me at it. It is possible though that I kept it so so simple that I made few mistakes.

Do you need more points for your first choice or is it more of a fúck you appeal?

I have more than enough points for my course but I actually cannot believe I only got a B1. I am so fcuking pissed off about it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

folks, take it from some one who ten years ago today was in the same position, i didn't get the points for what i wanted to do, but now i'm doing something completely different and loving it.

just because you didn't get the course you wanted, there are other ways of getting to the course you want to get to. don't despair, keep your head up and go and party tonight. plus to the people who think they just missed out by a couple of points, remember those points could go down. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Eathrin wrote: »
    Yes we were and we were right to be disappointed too!
    Didn't get a single A1 for my Physics&Applied Maths teacher, strange seeing as I find Maths incredibly easy.

Sorry about how Maths went for you though, even though you knew it afterwards, at least you made it up in your other subjects.

I'm actually delighted with my B1 in applied maths, barely looked at it all year, didn't even cram before the exam. I was convinced I was getting around a C3! :D

Yeah I am pretty disappointed with maths, but I think I accepted it over the last few weeks and it could be worse, I was thinking it would be a B2.

Almost thinking about appealing English, but there's no point really and it's probably a fair grade, I just let myself down on the day I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

In shock. Happy shock. Delighted :)
    English: B1 (WTF? I THOUGHT I FAILED)
    French: B1
    Bio: B1
    Geog: B1
    Home Ec: B2

Music: B3 (LOL, I DIDN'T STUDY FOR THIS)
    Maths (OL): B1.

So 510 points.
    Very happy. 5 off my course I think, but ohwell.
    A bit dissappointed with Geog and Home Ec but I made up the points in other subjects.
    Does anyone know when we find out about the change in points for this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 afrocod

Needed a B3 in honours maths and got a C3. I'm absolutely devastated...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭BL1993

HL

English B3
    Maths A1
    Applied Maths A1
    Biology A1
    Chemistry A1
    Physics A1

OL

French B1
    Irish B3

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

SO GOOD I CAN DIE HAPPY NOW. 575, never in ten thousand years thought I'd get it, and I got an A2 in Physics that I'm thrilled about because I worked so hard and was stuck at 69/70% all through the two years. :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

biohaiid wrote: »
    In shock. Happy shock. Delighted :)
    English: B1 (WTF? I THOUGHT I FAILED)
    French: B1
    Bio: B1
    Geog: B1
    Home Ec: B2

Music: B3 (LOL, I DIDN'T STUDY FOR THIS)
    Maths (OL): B1.

So 510 points.
    Very happy. 5 off my course I think, but ohwell.
    A bit dissappointed with Geog and Home Ec but I made up the points in other subjects.
    Does anyone know when we find out about the change in points for this year?

If it's only 5 points, you may want to look at appealing- I was very upset with English, so had a chat with my teacher (utter legend and walking saint) who agreed she was surprised, as I was always in the top 3 students of her class. She viewed the paper with me and said I would certainly pick up marks on appeal. Went up a grade when I appealed :)

Advertisement