Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well, how'd it go?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Irish: C1
    English: B2
    French: B3
    Maths: B3
    History: B3
    Biology: C2
    Business: C1

Adds up to 360 points overall. I went up ~120 points from the mocks and I've got about 45 points to spare in case my course requirements go up. Couldn't be happier.

I'm in the same boat as you! It's not enough for my first choice but I'll get something which is all that matters! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I am the only one wondering why everyone is getting over 500 points on boards ???

I found that a lot of lieing is going on here today ;)

Well I trust everyone.
    It would be fairly sad to lie about CAO points on Boards in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭paddykell

Looking through here has made me think I've done terribly!

Still congratulations to you all, well deserved results!

Mine were:

English: A1 (H)
    Irish : B2 (O)
    Maths: C2 (O)
    History: A2 (H)
    Geography: C3 (H)
    French: D2 (H)
    Art: B2 (H)

And in total, that's 420 points, more than enough for English and History in UCD! I'm quite disappointed with History, I really wanted the A1, but still I'll probably get it rechecked, just to be sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

I am the only one wondering why everyone is getting over 500 points on boards ???

I figure its the smart, witty people of this country who frequent boards.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

I got 600 points! I'm over the moon! I actually cannot believe it! :eek:
    I got pictured and interviewed for our county newspaper and all! :D

Irish: A1 (Elated and relieved!)
    English: A1 (What the....? I actually cannot believe this!)
    Geography: A1 (Sooo delighted! I thought the paper was difficult and was so nervous as this is my best/ favourite subject!)
    German: A2 (First A in German since the JC! :D )
    Chemistry: A2 (It was a disastrous paper so I'm ecstatic!)
    Biology: A1 (Yay! Very pleased)
    Business: A1 (Over the moon! I want to study this and geography in college so A1s in both of them was my dream!)
    Religion: A1 (Aaaah! So happy and relieved as I thought I completely messed up a section! Again it's one of my favourites so :D )
    Maths (O): A1 (Nice!)

9 As! I'm still in shock!
    I'm just hoping this is enough to get me into Arts in NUIM! ;) Can't wait to start college now though! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

id say one more time, went up by 25! business and english:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Eathrin wrote: »

Well I trust everyone.
    It would be fairly sad to lie about CAO points on Boards in fairness.

Sad as it is, I reckon there's a fair few at it! Haven't a notion why people feel the need to do it tho :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

If it's only 5 points, you may want to look at appealing- I was very upset with English, so had a chat with my teacher (utter legend and walking saint) who agreed she was surprised, as I was always in the top 3 students of her class. She viewed the paper with me and said I would certainly pick up marks on appeal. Went up a grade when I appealed :)

When I find out about how many points it is this year I might.
    I don't want to risk going down. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

Is everyone aware of the EXTRA 25 points for passing HL Maths?

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/education/latest-news/leaving-cert-results-record-numbers-get-bonus-in-maths-3200924.html

Well done to everyone who got their results today. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Geo10 wrote: »
    I'm just hoping this is enough to get me into Arts in NUIM! ;) Can't wait to start college now though! :D:D:D

I doubt you'll have enough! ;):rolleyes:

Only joking, of course you've enough! :pac: Well done, fantastic results!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

alleystar wrote: »
    Devastated with English, only got a C1 and I was an A student right throughout primary and secondary. I don't even care what I got in the other subjects, I just cannot believe I got a C

View your papers with your English teacher. Then decide whether to appeal. I checked all of mine and noticed the examiner had added up my marks wrong at the end of my Chemistry. I appealed and was brought up a grade. Mistakes do happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Is everyone aware of the EXTRA 25 points for passing HL Maths?

No, nobody knew about it at all.

Cruel Sun wrote: »
    No, nobody knew about it at all.

Is this only new this year? And is it only news that came out today then? (Did my LC 4 years ago.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

595. I actually cannot believe it, I never expected to get points like that :D Although I am kind of disappointed with maths, but I'll check my script anyway and see how it goes. Can't wait for tonight! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Is this only new this year? And is it only news that came out today then? (Did my LC 4 years ago.)

No, I was joking, everyone who was doing the LC knows about it since sometime last year. This is the first year they're doing it.

It's quite unfair in my opinion.

Cruel Sun wrote: »
    No, I was joking, everyone who was doing the LC knows about it since sometime last year. This is the first year they're doing it.

It's quite unfair in my opinion.

Oh, right. Didn't realise. Yeah, I don't think scraping a pass is anything to receive extra points of myself. Maybe if they got at least a C3...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭RedTexan

Delighted with my results so I'll jump on the band wagon with this.

All higher
    Maths:A1
    English:A2
    Irish:A1
    Physics:A1
    Applied Maths:A1
    Chemistry:A1
    Accounting:A1
    French:A1

So a grand total of a whopping 625, absolutely over the moon! Particularly surprised with Physics (had never learned how to work out the atomic masses in nuclear, as they had always been given before), Applied Maths (taught it to myself) and English (thought it was probably my best!) but really I am ready to get mouldy!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 blargh i cant pick a name

Got A1's in Maths, Applied Maths, Physics, DCG, Accounting and Chemistry, a C2 in Higher English and a C3 in Pass Irish.biggrin.gif

Completely Delighted, my hands were shaking for about two minutes afterwards, and i was in Shock for a good half hour.
    About 200 points more than I need for Science choice in UL, I just cant decide between two different courses, hopefully I will be able to quickly so I'm not playing catch up for too long.
    I wonder If I can get a scholarship? I Know the UL 40 ones are automatic and based on CAO scores, but i dont know how to apply to any others.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Jackies green army

got 450, think that will be enough for economics in ucd?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭hitchcock

I'm very happy with 5 of my results, but Chemistry really let me down, therefore bringing my total points score down...

Irish: B1
    Music: B2
    English: B3
    Biology: C1
    Chemistry: D3
    Maths (OL): C1

Total: 430

I'm considering repeating next year and replacing Chemistry with Geography/Ag Science and hoping that I could get a B1/B2 in it therefore bringing up my points to get Primary School Teaching (B.Ed) next year (465-480). Also I'm quite young, I won't be 18 until December, as I didn't do TY so I've always had that "extra year" to play around with. I would also consider taking up a 7th subject next year so if what happened this year happened again next year, I could substitute it for the new subject. I regret not doing a 7th subject this year, it might have saved me repeating (its not certain but I am considering it). But overall I'm very happy with my results! Well done to everyone else today! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

biohaiid wrote: »
    When I find out about how many points it is this year I might.
    I don't want to risk going down. :/

If you get your teacher to look at the script with you they'll be able to advise on how good a chance you stand of going up. I never would have appealed had she not given me her advice. Like there were parts she said wouldn't go up, but i remember her seeing my poetry section and not understanding why they'd taken away marks for spelling/grammar when it was totally clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SlyBacon93

got 450, think that will be enough for economics in ucd?
    See you there man, it was 440 last year you should be fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Got exactly what I wanted but English? A C3? Seriously.. I got a better result in phys/chem and geography, and they were the ones I was dreading... Gonna get English rechecked, because seriously I know I should've got more...
    Overall, I gots 360... A lil higher than I expected. :L

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

hitchcock wrote: »
    I'm very happy with 5 of my results, but Chemistry really let me down, therefore bringing my total points score down...

Irish: B1
    Music: B2
    English: B3
    Biology: C1
    Chemistry: D3
    Maths (OL): C1

Total: 430

I'm considering repeating next year and replacing Chemistry with Geography/Ag Science and hoping that I could get a B1/B2 in it therefore bringing up my points to get Primary School Teaching (B.Ed) next year (465-480). Also I'm quite young, I won't be 18 until December, as I didn't do TY so I've always had that "extra year" to play around with. I would also consider taking up a 7th subject next year so if what happened this year happened again next year, I could substitute it for the new subject. I regret not doing a 7th subject this year, it might have saved me repeating (its not certain but I am considering it). But overall I'm very happy with my results! Well done to everyone else today! :)

Why not just do Arts and then do the PDE for Primary? It'll give you more options and you'll be able to study subjects you like. Takes same amount of time too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

If you get your teacher to look at the script with you they'll be able to advise on how good a chance you stand of going up. I never would have appealed had she not given me her advice. Like there were parts she said wouldn't go up, but i remember her seeing my poetry section and not understanding why they'd taken away marks for spelling/grammar when it was totally clean.

I might get in touch with my school and see so.
    The only 2 I want to view are Geography and Home Ec anyways.
    Do your teachers have to view them with you?
    My teachers travel a good distance to get to my school and I'm not sure if they would be able to view them.
    Also not sure my Home Ec teacher would be any good to me. I practically taught myself Home Ec, :L

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭clairey__Ox

Irish (H) A2
    English (H) A2
    Maths (O) B2
    French (H) B1
    Biology (H) B3
    Business (H) B1
    Geography (H) B2
    Music (H) B2

Overall: 510 :D

My goal was to reach 500 so I'm just glad I got there! I should be well on my way to Primary teaching now :)
    have to admit I'm pretty raging with French (Worked my socks off for the A), Business (My A1 subject all along) and Biology (I don't even know where to start..:( ) But all in all I'm a happy camper!

I hope all the boardsies got what they need and if not, there's always a way around. Now to go out and KILL ALL THE BRAIN CELLS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Got my results today and am not one bit happy, I always studied but was never the type to do well in exams and am TERRIBLE at maths!
    I was hoping to do Music, through arts in maynooth and now i'm devasted that I can't get my desired course....

Irish: (H) C1
    English: (O) B2
    Maths: (O) F
    History: (O) C3
    French: (O) C2
    Biology: (H) F
    Music: (H) C1

So 225 points when I was looking for 380!!!

So can anyone tell what else can I do to get into this course or any course(music) without REPEATING the LC?? The only PLC i saw was music in BALLYFERMOT and i live in SANTRY so that's just too far to travel...... help need!! thanks
    Ballyfermot isn't even 20km from Santry.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kilfeather94

got 335 points! wasn't expecting this at all. got a B3 in Geography and miraculously got a C3 in ordinary maths. Thought I failed it. the computing course I want to apply to is 270 points. hopefully It won't rise too much. I applied for a level 6 course also, so I should get in either way. I'm pretty relieved! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

English: A1 (Whaaaaaaat? I hate English!)

Irish: A2

Maths: B3 (BIGGEST SURPRISE EVER I THOUGHT I GOT A D)

German: B1

Chemistry: B1

Biology: A1 (Thank God, that was the only grade I would have been disappointed to not get!)

Music: B1

All higher level, so that gives me a whopping grand total of 560 points! :D SEE YOU ALL IN TRINITY!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Denisocal

Irish - A1
    English - A1
    DCG - A1
    Home Ec - A2
    Music - B2
    French - B3
    Biology - B3

Maths (O) - A1

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D;););););):):)

Advertisement