Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well, how'd it go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Can't believe I got an A1 in English:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

As a query- did anyone else get an a1 in music? I'm so so so so so happy. It made my day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

ChemHickey wrote: »
    As a query- did anyone else get an a1 in music? I'm so so so so so happy. It made my day!

I got a B3, which is like an A1 to me.
    For real, I studied 3 days before that exam and skipped as many classes as I possibly could during the year.
    Hated it, planned on failing and not using it, and I almost had to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Geo10 wrote: »
    I got 600 points! I'm over the moon! I actually cannot believe it! :eek:
    I got pictured and interviewed for our county newspaper and all! :D

Irish: A1 (Elated and relieved!)
    English: A1 (What the....? I actually cannot believe this!)
    Geography: A1 (Sooo delighted! I thought the paper was difficult and was so nervous as this is my best/ favourite subject!)
    German: A2 (First A in German since the JC! :D )
    Chemistry: A2 (It was a disastrous paper so I'm ecstatic!)
    Biology: A1 (Yay! Very pleased)
    Business: A1 (Over the moon! I want to study this and geography in college so A1s in both of them was my dream!)
    Religion: A1 (Aaaah! So happy and relieved as I thought I completely messed up a section! Again it's one of my favourites so :D )
    Maths (O): A1 (Nice!)

9 As! I'm still in shock!
    I'm just hoping this is enough to get me into Arts in NUIM! ;) Can't wait to start college now though! :D:D:D

Poor show, only 7 A1s.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 afrocod

Well everyone seems to have gotten high 500's to 600 points. Only 150 people in the country got 6 A1's or better and there all here.

Honours:

Maths - C3 (Absolutely devastated)

Applied Maths - D1 (Thought I failed)

Physics - B2 (Happy)

Chemistry - D1

Biology - B1

Economics - C3 (Very surprised, I thought this went way better)

Overall - 420 points

But it doesn't matter because my top 7 choices needed a B3 in Maths and I got a C3. The way this has gone I'll be happy to be offered anything monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭rosualt

Got a1's in Irish, French and Spanish so I'm delighted :D International languages here I come! I can't believe I passed higher maths, the relief of that after spending all summer worrying is really something else! :)

Well done everyone, bring on the celebrations ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭HeaneyBabe

Anyone else surprised by economics? I got a C1, when during the last 2 years I had never even got a C. I normally got A's and in the mocks i got a B1... so shocked cause i thought it went so well. Defo getting it checked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

I actually don't know what my french and geography correctors were smoking when they were correcting my scripts, I couldn't believe I got A1s!!

Did anyone hear from Pictureframe yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

HeaneyBabe wrote: »
    Anyone else surprised by economics? I got a C1, when during the last 2 years I had never even got a C. I normally got A's and in the mocks i got a B1... so shocked cause i thought it went so well. Defo getting it checked

Yeah, I got a D1, expecting a high C or low B. It doesn't make a difference but its still strange

• Registered Users Posts: 29 afrocod

HeaneyBabe wrote: »

It's the only result I'm completely surprised by. I got a C3 and I was expecting high B's or even an A2. I thought the test went great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭HeaneyBabe

afrocod wrote: »
    It's the only result I'm completely surprised by. I got a C3 and I was expecting high B's or even an A2. I thought the test went great.

I feel the exact same, if I didn't do so well in my other subjects I would be so angry. But I'm definitely going to appeal, can't believe it! From going from straight As to a C? not right..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Well here it goes..

Irish: C1 (Was expecting a C2, my poor Irish teacher- I was useless at it :P)
    English: B3
    Chemistry: C3 (was expecting this :P)
    Ag Science: B1 (was hoping for a b3 at most!!)
    Biology: A1 (YAY!! Wasn't expecting this, I had been an A student, but thought the paper didn't go my way)
    Home Ec: A1 (DOUBLE YAY!!! Anyone who knew me, knew I worked my ass off for this, but was still expecting a B1! :D)

Maths (O): B1
    French (O): B1

So that's 490 overall! Absolutely delighted, it should get me into nursing! I saw my grades and thought yeah this should get me in, but when I calculated the points I burst into tears :rolleyes: I was expecting around 420-435! I was preparing myself to repeat!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Where's PictureFrame??? I hope he's ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

To all those who got in the high 400's, 500's and even into the 600's, ye are some lucky people. My highest grade was a C1 in English, which I thought was ok enough until I learned that a guy I know got an A, and he didn't know any of the poets that appeared. I got a C2 in French, when I only thought I had trouble with the tape, and a D1 in Art. Everyone seems to be getting A1's for subjects that they hate or just aren't good at, which in my eyes makes ye the luckiest people alive. I got the grade in Biology I needed for my first choice, and passed O Maths with a C2, which was extremely shocking considering I thought I had just scraped a pass. I'm still 10 points short of my first choice from what the points were last year, and as it's a Science course I'd say it's going up by quite a lot this year. I know everyone says it's not the end of the world, but to me, for now, it really is. I didn't even scrape 400 points. Never been so upset in my whole life.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

I got 9 A1's. Not happy :(

pffffffffffffffffttt :pac: :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Hmm... I'm actually delighted I passed Phys/Chem.. Thought I'd failed :D B3 :)
    I probably won't get over English though... Went from getting Bs to a C3... Everyone in my class got Cs though. :/
    Definitely getting it appealed. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Salts

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    I got 9 A1's.

You're one of the three so? :p
    Another 5-10% in Irish and I would have been the 11th to get 8 A1s.. I'm still delighted anyway. I analysed it over and over again, and was fully convinced I got mid 500s!
    Grads tomorrow night will be great craic now :D

ChemHickey wrote: »
    Where's PictureFrame??? I hope he's ok.

He did great!
    He's just not feeling the Boards right now:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭RedTexan

Salts wrote: »
    You're one of the three so? :p
    Another 5-10% in Irish and I would have been the 11th to get 8 A1s.. I'm still delighted anyway. I analysed it over and over again, and was fully convinced I got mid 500s!
    Grads tomorrow night will be great craic now :D

Another .01%-5% in English and I might have made the news!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Boeing777 wrote: »
    So, Patchy your in the 92nd percentile then yeah? :pac:
    YES! :P

subz3r0 wrote: »
    Patchy, c'mere, give me an adjective that describes a moment of surreal elation! Umm.. ecstatic about these results!

(amazing results)

Total: 545
    OMG :O How about...exulted?! :P
    Eathrin wrote: »
    Yes we were and we were right to be disappointed too!
    Didn't get a single A1 for my Physics&Applied Maths teacher, strange seeing as I find Maths incredibly easy.

Sorry about how Maths went for you though, even though you knew it afterwards, at least you made it up in your other subjects.

Chem: Username
    Finality: Username
    Cian: Cian Naww feels so personal :pac:
    I didn't want to call them by their real names in case they didn't like that, but you'll always be Cian McFingerBum <3
    (Also loving how everyone is liking your comment on my status, mr 595!! :L)
    BL1993 wrote: »
    HL

English B3
    Maths A1
    Applied Maths A1
    Biology A1
    Chemistry A1
    Physics A1

OL

French B1
    Irish B3
    OMG
    BENJI
    MAHLETE 4 LYF WELL DONE AHHHH
    Eathrin wrote: »
    Well I trust everyone.
    It would be fairly sad to lie about CAO points on Boards in fairness.
    Same. I never get why people think we'd bother lying...sounds like someone might be jel :pac:
    Geo10 wrote: »
    I got 600 points! I'm over the moon! I actually cannot believe it! :eek:
    I got pictured and interviewed for our county newspaper and all! :D

9 As! I'm still in shock!
    I'm just hoping this is enough to get me into Arts in NUIM! ;) Can't wait to start college now though! :D:D:D
    Oh my god well done!!!! :D:D:D 600, wow!!!
    Ally7 wrote: »
    I actually don't know what my french and geography correctors were smoking when they were correcting my scripts, I couldn't believe I got A1s!!

Did anyone hear from Pictureframe yet?
    Yep he's been on FB hes so happy, B1 in geo for him, all's well that ends well :P

Congrats to all you crazy 600+ people!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Salts

RedTexan wrote: »
    Another .01%-5% in English and I might have made the news!

Era sure, you'll make the local news anyway! Got my picture taken for one of the local newspapers, and usually I hate that because I have to try and put on a fake smile. Needless to say for this pic I had a big grin anyway! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 jack.h

HL
    Maths:A1
    Applied Maths:A1
    Physics:A2
    Accounting:A2
    French:B1
    Geography:B1

OL
    Irish:C1
    English:A1

575 points in total. Am really happy with my results except for geography as i spent over half my study time on it and still did not get an A. Despite that i am really happy with my results and will most likely get my first choice unless it goes up by 96 points.

Patchy~ wrote: »
    OMG :O How about...exulted?! :P
    Sexual vocab there
    I didn't want to call them by their real names in case they didn't like that, but you'll always be Cian McFingerBum <3
    (Also loving how everyone is liking your comment on my status, mr 595!! :L)
    <3
    Congrats to all you crazy 600+ people!
    Nerds like. 595 is for the cool kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Rebekahx

English (H) A2
    Religion (H) A2 (Genuinely thought I got a C at most, didn't finish the last 20 mark q)
    Music (H) B1
    French (H) C1
    Classics (H) C3, think I might get it rechecked
    Irish (O) B2 (Couldn't string a sentence together in my oral..)
    Maths (O) C1

435 altogether, my course was 380 last year so feeling very confident. :D

OMG guys I've been asked to do an interview on KVWN Channel 4 news
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtJ2IHfWmRiGwalaCNy0xCtholiW2fDNU666jha0oYUrNf2N4Q

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Here are my results:

English (H) : A1 (Ecstatic. I thought I was going to get a B2. And my teacher said I'd get a high C or low B the cnut)
    Irish (H) : A1 (Wtf?? I can honestly say I put minimal work into Irish, didn't think I'd even count it so I learned NOTHING for paper 2 and to get this result is just beyond my wildest dreams :))
    Maths (H) : A1 (If I didn't get this....)
    French (H) : A1 (Was it just me or was French marked really weirdly?? My friend who failed his mocks got a B1 :P But yeah I'm happy with it :))
    Geography (H) : A1 (:D I can't believe this! Well done to Patchy too for an A2 considering you thought you did so much worse :P Hope PF did well too:P)
    Physics (H) : A1 (Yeah I thought I'd get this :))
    Applied maths (H) : A1 (Phew!)

I'm actually so shocked, can't believe I got 7 A1s.. it's like I'm in dream :') And most of my friends did much better than expected too so I'm absolutely delighted for them and ye boardsies too! :) Parents are over the moon too haha. But gosh it surprises me that every year the people on boards do so well :P Nevertheless a big congrats to all of you! :) Ye all deserve what ye got :D Happy to see most of ye exceeding your expectations I know I did :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Omg Wesc 625!!! And an extra bloody A1 just for the craic! :pac:
    Giz your French grade since you're not using it there... :D

Oh god I have to stop posting here now and just read, I feel like a proud parent :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

what does a star next to a grade mean?

It means some component was not assessed. This means either part was missing, like an oral or practical component, or some 'reasonable accommodation' was made such as a spelling or grammar waiver.

You really should know yourself if you were getting a waiver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

My god the relief...I'm beyond delighted...I beat my target and that still is shocking me. Okay here's my breakdown :D

Irish: A2
    English: B1
    Maths: C3
    Geography: A1
    French: B3
    Biology: C2
    Accounting: B3

:D

That adds up to a total of 510 points. :D

I'm over the moon. Getting an A1 in Geography is so f*cking class seeing that there's such a low % of it. I'm truly delighted with English too but what stands out is Maths and Accounting. I failed both in the pre and if I do say so myself, I passed handsomely in both :D

If I was to be a tiny bit critical, it would be the fact I didn't get an A1 in Irish. I'm delighted with my A2 and I said as long as I got an A I'd be more than happy but you know how it is :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement