Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well, how'd it go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Tankosaurus

All honours : Applied Maths: A1
    Maths: A1 (only one in my class, lotta A2's though any other schools say the same?)
    English: A1 (Don't ask me how I was a plath/heaney person)
    Physics: A1
    Biology: A1
    Irish: B1
    Chemistry: B1 (suprised at this was full sure of an A1)
    610 points in total :)
    Absolutely delighted all in all my prediction was to swap the results of english and chem but all is well regardless:D

Going for medicine and got 199 in the Hpat. Happy out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

It's all well and good for you people getting 600+, but did your principal give you a bar of chocolate when you got your results?!

DIDN'T THINK SO!

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 39 eyssy12

English - A2(OL)
    Maths - B3(OL)
    History - A2(OL)
    Geography - C1
    French - C2
    Business - C2

Total of 335 points, kinda dissapointed there. Got the B3 in maths that I really needed for my main course but it didn't matter as I'm off by 15 points in the end. Well done to all who done well and got what they wanted! On the positive part, I'm proud that I got a C2 in French only after studying it for 2 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

TheComeUp wrote: »
    My god the relief...I'm beyond delighted...I beat my target and that still is shocking me. Okay here's my breakdown :D

Irish: A2
    English: B1
    Maths: C3
    Geography: A1
    French: B3
    Biology: C2
    Accounting: B3

:D

That adds up to a total of 510 points. :D

I'm over the moon. Getting an A1 in Geography is so f*cking class seeing that there's such a low % of it. I'm truly delighted with English too but what stands out is Maths and Accounting. I failed both in the pre and if I do say so myself, I passed handsomely in both :D

If I was to be a tiny bit critical, it would be the fact I didn't get an A1 in Irish. I'm delighted with my A2 and I said as long as I got an A I'd be more than happy but you know how it is :pac:

Yay, I was hoping you'd surprise yourself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

leaveiton wrote: »
    It's all well and good for you people getting 600+, but did your principal give you a bar of chocolate when you got your results?!

DIDN'T THINK SO!

:P

My principal hugged me :o:o
    Patchy~ wrote: »
    Omg Wesc 625!!! And an extra bloody A1 just for the craic! :pac:
    Giz your French grade since you're not using it there... :D

Oh god I have to stop posting here now and just read, I feel like a proud parent :P

It's surreal haha :P I'd actually give it to you.. it doesn't make a difference for me anyway but I know it means the world to you! Are you going to appeal it yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 xcorina

All higher:

English - A2
    Maths - C3
    German - A2
    Romanian - A1
    Business- B1
    Biology - B3
    Chemistry - E (hahaha)

In total, 525 points .
    I am absolutely shocked! think i got psychology in UCD, waheeyy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

finality wrote: »
    Yay, I was hoping you'd surprise yourself :)

Aww thanks :D The relief is crazy! And well done to you :P Your results are phenomenal :O :P

Irish A2 and English B1 buddies :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Wesc. wrote: »
    My principal hugged me :o:o

It's surreal haha :P I'd actually give it to you.. it doesn't make a difference for me anyway but I know it means the world to you! Are you going to appeal it yeah?
    It would be great and I can't say I'm not a tiny bit disappointed, but I'm so happy overall that idc :P I'd appeal it after viewing it, but even if I got 89.9% I'd be wary of losing points - I got bang on what I needed for my course's scholarship so I'm not gonna complain :D:D I could never take yours anyway, 'twould tarnish your results ;)
    xcorina wrote: »
    All higher:

English - A2
    Maths - C3
    German - A2
    Romanian - A1
    Business- B1
    Biology - B3
    Chemistry - E (hahaha)

In total, 525 points .
    GO CORINA GO :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

First time in 6 years I haven't got an A in History and it nearly broke my heart, got a B1 and i'm getting it rechecked no doubts, putting a bit of a downer on an otherwise good day as it's something I really love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

All higher:

English - A2
    Maths - C3
    German - A2
    Romanian - A1
    Business- B1
    Biology - B3
    Chemistry - E (hahaha)

In total, 525 points .

Thats my first choice but I got 510. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭earwax_man

I got 545, so happy with it. I'm going for engineering in Trinity, so I have a couple of extra points lying around ;)

Well done to all, whether you got 0 points or 625; once you're happy with it, then you've done your best :) Fúck the media :P

EDIT: Found another 10 points :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 xcorina

biohaiid wrote: »
    Thats my first choice but I got 510. :/

I think it was 510 last year! surely you'll get it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Wow whats with all of the smart people on boards?

Hopefully its just you lot and the points wont go up too much for ye!! But a few of my friends done excellent too :) Wish I was back getting my results today - that feeling is just brillant.

Hope your all going to NUIM, its going to be a waist of a few years of your life if you go any where else :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

I think it was 510 last year! surely you'll get it :D

I thought it was 510 too but then checked.
    Ohwell, it's still better than I expected.
    Im eligible for HEAR so HOPEFULLY that'll count for something. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 eyssy12

So i just want to get this straight. Do the entry points mean that the applicant definately has to get the amount of points needed or above in order to be considered for the course?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Soz guys, I was in McDonalds. Anyway, got 525 after adding it up wrong 2/3 times. Definitely getting Economics/Business rechecked, happy out with the rest! Anyway, I got:
    • Irish- A1
    • English- A1
    • Maths- A1
    • Geography- B1
    • French- B2
    • Business- B1
    • Economics- A2
    • Music- B1
    • LCVP- Distinction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

earwax_man wrote: »
    I got 535, so happy with it. I'm going for engineering in Trinity, so I have a couple of extra points lying around ;)

see you there man, I've a few points to spare too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭SnowPretzel

Got 595 with the bonus points for honours maths! Have 749 overall so hopefully that will be enough for NUIG medicine!

English-B1
    Maths-B1
    Physics-A1
    Chemistry-A1
    Business-A1
    Geography-A1

Repeating pays off people!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killian In The Name Of

Didn't get a-MAH-zing results, but passed everything. Phew.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Soz guys, I was in McDonalds. Anyway, got 525 after adding it up wrong 2/3 times. Definitely getting Economics/Business rechecked, happy out with the rest! Anyway, I got:
    • Irish- A1
    • English- A1
    • Maths- A1
    • Geography- B1
    • French- B2
    • Business- B1
    • Economics- A2
    • Music- B1
    • LCVP- Distinction

Congrats PictureFrame they're brilliant results :) you deserve every single one of those points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Iony94

495... I hope it ll be enough to get me in Intl Commerce UCD . 30 spare points (465 last year ) plus accepted by Hear . Although its better than expected I'm sad i didnt get the 500 which i think gets you a scholarship ?

A2 in geography ? :confused: can't believe this

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

Might as well...I'm still in shock, I can't believe it!xD

Irish B1

English A2

Maths (OL) B3

History C1

Geography A2

Biology B2

Home Economics B1.

That's 500 points exactly!:D Well done everyone, it will be a great night tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

I know a lot of people done applied maths. Is it hard?? I looked at the exam paper from this year and it seems pretty easy and I'm going into 4th year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭Mr.Fun

Leinsterr wrote: »
    I know a lot of people done applied maths. Is it hard?? I looked at the exam paper from this year and it seems pretty easy and I'm going into 4th year

wow cocky much?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Mr.Fun wrote: »
    wow cocky much?
    Wow Troll much?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cillian95

Still in shock - I am over the fricken moon! Would love to view my scripts but won't be around :/

Irish (O) - A1
    English - A1
    Maths - B1
    French - B1
    History - A1
    Business - A1
    Accounting - A1

• Registered Users Posts: 29 afrocod

If you think it's easy then definitely do it. I thought it was mad hard, I done it by myself and picked it up late but even so. I remember skimming some papers and thinking it looked easy enough. It turned out things were not as they seemed. Try doing some of the questions. If it still easy then you should definitely do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 iluvgreenday246

Biology (H) - A1
    Chemistry (H) - A1
    History (H) - A2
    Geography (H) - A1
    Ag science (H) - A1
    French (H) - A1

English (H) - B1
    Irish (O) - B2
    Maths (O) - B3

So thats 590 in total :D delighted obviously :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

• Irish- A1
    • English- A1
    • Maths- A1
    • Geography- B1
    • French- B2
    • Business- B1
    • Economics- A2
    • Music- B1
    • LCVP- Distinction

Congratulations David fantastic results!
    Siobhnk wrote: »
    Congrats PictureFrame they're brilliant results :) you deserve every single one of those points.

Except Maths A1 because he can't add:pac: jk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

I remember thinking the same about a lot of the questions when I glanced over it, but there's a lot more to it than you'd think. That said, it's just practice and there's a really high number of people who get As. It's a nice subject. I'd recommend it!

Advertisement