Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving abroad ?

Options
  • 15-08-2012 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I know a lot of people are thinking of doing this.

I want to move abroad within the next 2 years. I have an apartment that is in negative equity - approx. 60/70K in negative equity.
    I don't want to hold on to the apartment, like rent it out etc.
    Is it possible to sell the aparment and pay off the negative equity over say 10/15 years?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Dublin Phoenix,

All applications for a change in the mortgage would have to be made through your mortgage advisor in your local branch.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dublin Phoenix

Hi Linda,

Thanks for that.

At the moment, I am just wondering if it is possible or if it's a definite no - boi wouldnt be prepared to do that. I mean, have BOI done this sort of thing before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Dublin Phoenix,

As you correctly mention, I'm sure there are a lot of people who are in the same position and thinking of doing the same thing. In the current climate, BOI is open to looking at all options. As Linda mentioned, I would advise calling your branch and discussing it with a Mortgage Advisor.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement