Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your biggest waste of money

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭policarp

2000 Euro on Eircom shares.
    Should've offloaded them after a few weeks. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Soccer player stickers when I was younger. Spent a load trying to get the last one to fill the book.

Looking back now what a load of bollix!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 _underscore

600 on a meteor phone bill when I first got my new phone that was not properly set up to the internet.

Sounds like you weren't properly set up to use the phone.. :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

180 euro for a turbo trainer that i used once.

offloaded it to some poor sucker for a 100 euro last week so its not all bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

The bookies, that is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Rich11

Apolloyon wrote: »
    1. A popcorn maker. What a waste! The popcorn tasted like cardboard. Ugh!

wat was ever wrong with a pot, oil and a lid:rolleyes:

oh yeah, when the ps3 was comming out i pre-ordered for some stupid reason, stilll dunno why, cant remember how much was around €600ish wat was i thinking, like 2/3 weeks later they knocked €100-150 off it :(

and i rarely play it now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

Groupon/Living Social/Pigsback/Boards etc vouchers. I needed, perhaps, two of them. The rest I thought I wanted, or I wanted but had no time to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Jennifer Parker

Before starting college ??? New. A4 ?

There's a 1% problem right there

I had been working 45+ hours a week for three years by the time I ordered the car and never spent much money on drinks and nights out as my dad suffered from cancer and I was at home to look after him when I was not at work. As I was living at home and had no car throughout this period so I had a lot of time to save up for it.

+ it wasn't brand new, but an annual car with 1500km mileage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

I bought an airline. Then I sold it off in small pieces to the highest bidders and made a lot of money in the process. The only problem was that I kind of manipulated the son of the head of the union at the time to grease the wheels, so to speak. In any case, I promised the son, and the union leader that the sale would be a good thing for them.

When the son discovered that my motives were selfish, and that he was implicated in some less than moral dealings, he hatched a plan to have revenge, which he managed to achieve.

I wish I never bought that airline but I eventually got back into business in 2011 but I don't really know what happened there as I haven't seen the film yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I wish I never bought that airline but I eventually got back into business in 2011 but I don't really know what happened there as I haven't seen the film yet.

The son shows up at a bar with a beautiful woman and asks you if blue horseshoe still loves anacott steel. Then Shia La Beouf says "no no no" alot.

Trust me, you didn't miss much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Luap wrote: »
    Soccer player stickers when I was younger. Spent a load trying to get the last one to fill the book.

Don't remind me of Match Attax - my son had me badgered for months buying these bl**dy stickers, eventually I found the website where I could order individual stickers just to finish off his album. The novelty wore off very quickly!

My biggest waste of money was nearly €300 on MBT trainers. They were a gimmick, supposed to build up your leg muscles and help you lose weight with little effort. They were like heavy blocks on my feet, I could barely walk in them never mind run. They were banned in my workplace because workers fell over wearing them. I have since started more serious running, using Asics at a fraction of the price of MBTs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

kelle wrote: »

My biggest waste of money was nearly €300 on MBT trainers. They were a gimmick, supposed to build up your leg muscles and help you lose weight with little effort. They were like heavy blocks on my feet, I could barely walk in them never mind run. They were banned in my workplace because workers fell over wearing them. I have since started more serious running, using Asics at a fraction of the price of MBTs!

These are the worst looking shoes I have ever seen, I wouldn't even spend €3 on them let alone €300...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,194 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

eth0 wrote: »
    What car would you buy if you won the euro millions?

If it's €200m, all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

Well, I got elected to run a country in 1997 after being the finance minister before that.. I managed to turn one of the richest countries in Europe if not the world into one of the poorest. Love Bertie xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Made a small fortune on bank shares a couple of years back when they start going crazy - blew practically all of it, in a greedy attempt to turn it into a large fortune:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

Cancelled me tracker mortgages for a 5 year fixed rate. Then the interest rates fell through the ground. Losing out about 400 Euros per month:eek:

Every day im Pukinggggggggggggg :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

Luap wrote: »

I collected the Simpsons stickers........ 29pence for 5 to make a big poster type thing...
    LOL WHAT A SAD FECKER.............

Advertisement