Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen Baxter

Options
  • 15-08-2012 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

hi guys
    I used to read a lot of science fiction when I was younger and lately I have started to get back into reading science fiction.
    (one of the reasons I stopped reading it was that every library and bookshop seemed to stock 20 volume fantasy dross sorry books int he science fiction section.....)
    anyway one of my favourite authors I have lately come across is Stephen Baxter. I have just read two of his novels, Flood and Ark, I thought that they were really good, but I would love if there was a 3rd novel, making it a trilogy. Has anybody else read them?
    I would love to find out what happens next but Im not going to spoil the plot by discussing it here, I woudl certainly recomend them if you have not already read it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I haven't read those two but read most of his other work, went through a period of reading nothing but him a few years ago.
    Some of his stuff is very good, the Manifold series, The Light of Other Days, some of the Xeelee stuff, Evolution. Didn't really like the NASA Triology (though Moonseed wasn't bad). Destiny's Children started strongly but went downhill. Haven't read his more fantasy themed works such Mammoth Trilogy or Northland Trilogy.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I really enjoyed Flood, and thought Ark was even better. Both reminded me of Arthur C. Clarke of old. Would definitely like to see a third - and there's one storyline very much needing finishing.

I also really liked the "Time Odyssey" books and "The Light of Other Days" he did with Clarke.

Have probably read a few more of his but plenty yet to get around to. :)

Advertisement