Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

insignificant but funny observation

• 15-08-2012 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭

Had nothing in for dinner last night so decided to grab a couple of "fish and chip" meals from a well known restaurant/takeaway.

When I went in there was a very long queue and all the tables were full - mostly taken up by an American touring party, who were raving about the fish and chips.

In front of me was a group of about four Americans and in front of them there was an Irish family consisting of two adults and two kids.

The Irish family ordered their meals and ordered two pints of milk also. The lady got the milk and put in on the counter to wait for their meals. The American family right behind them were all agog, and when the woman came to take their order one of them piped up " can you tell me what that drink is". The server just looked at her and then looked at me, and at the man who ordered the milk - she then said What?? to the American person.

Again, the American - "can you tell me what that drink is?

The server, now knowing the person was serious said "ah, It's Milk!"

To which the American said "wow, wow, I didn't think it came with a bubble on the top" (the milk was a bit frothy at the top where it came out of the
    very large MILK machine, with the word MILK written on it)

She kept saying Wow, Wow.

Anyway she placed her order, paid and left and left the rest of us to burst ourselves laughing.

Don't they have milk in the States??

:D:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

It's the way ya tell 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭JamieKCCO

They do I'm sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

[QUOTE=fishy fishy;80243143]Had nothing in for dinner last night so decided to grab a couple of "fish and chip" meals from a well known restaurant/takeaway.

When I went in there was a very long queue and all the tables were full - mostly taken up by an American touring party, who were raving about the fish and chips.

In front of me was a group of about four Americans and in front of them there was an Irish family consisting of two adults and two kids.

The Irish family ordered their meals and ordered two pints of milk also. The lady got the milk and put in on the counter to wait for their meals. The American family right behind them were all agog, and when the woman came to take their order one of them piped up " can you tell me what that drink is". The server just looked at her and then looked at me, and at the man who ordered the milk - she then said What?? to the American person.

To which the American said "wow, wow, I didn't think it came with a bubble on the top" (the milk was a bit frothy at the top where it came out of the

Anyway she placed her order, paid and left and left the rest of us to burst ourselves laughing.

:D:D[/QUOTE]

Cannibal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Probably not it's all UHT crap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Had nothing in for dinner last night so decided to grab a couple of "fish and chip" meals from a well known restaurant/takeaway.

No where near as nice as ours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

I would have told her it was Bulls milk,took a big gulp of it, wiped my milky lips on my sleeve and offered her some!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Milk in the states has a slighty yellow colour, and well, Americans do tend to be more excitable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

She should have told them that it was frothy cos "we serve it straight from the tit!" :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

You're half right: it is an insignificant observation but but not a funny observation

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

I had a friend from Tennessee over in Ireland for the first time. He was absolutely blown away by the quality of the chocolate and even the cheese. I can only imagine what they're used to over there :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

One not enough for you, no? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

The quality of milk here is far better. Dairy cattle over in the states are given the growth hormone RBST which is banned in many countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Milk in the states has a slighty yellow colour, and well, Americans do tend to be more excitable.

Yellow milk!? Oh god!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

It wasn't really an observation, OP! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

You're half right: it is an insignificant observation but but not a funny observation

probably have to be there! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

Its melted butter that they drink ha ha......................gross!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

This is as good a thread as any to post this in..

My mother has an appointment at the dentist today

at 2:30
    She didnt see the funny side

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

This is as good a thread as any to post this in..

My mother has an appointment at the dentist today

at 2:30
    She didnt see the funny side

a nice drop of milk will be good for her after she comes out - does she know what milk is? :D

Advertisement