Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using my Boi visa debit card in America

Options
  • 15-08-2012 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

What are the charges for this?
    I heard its heavy charge for every transaction, Is it the same for taking money out of an ATM as it is for buying drinks at a bar?
    Would i be better off taking a lot of money in cash with me rather than taking it out of an ATM?
    Does anyone have any tips on saving money with this?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi 25,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We've had the same questions on a previous thread.
    We wouldn't be able to offer advice on whether you would be better off bringing cash or your debit card with you.

You also asked about the charges that apply when using the card internationally. If you do decide to use your Visa Debit on your trip there are cross border handling fees that will be applied to your account.

If you use the card to withdraw cash, there is a charge of 3.5% of the amount you withdraw with a minimum charge of €3.17 and a maximum charge of €11.43.

If you use the card at a point of sale, the charge is 1.75% of the transaction. The minimum charge applied depends on whether the transaction is done contactlessly or not. The minimum charge for a contactless transaction is €0.10 and the minimum charge for a non-contactless transaction is €0.46. The maximum point of sale charge is €11.43.

Hope this helps and have a great trip.

Thanks,
    Tara

Advertisement