Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arts Festival

Options
  • 15-08-2012 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭

Sure the rain doesn't help today but yesterday I was in town and the town was quiet and the galleries were empty. Is the festival a flop and missed the sell by date or, is it a success?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Well i work in kilkenny and i found that where up over 200% during arts week.

I think its the best festival thats on in kilkenny

I found the town to have a lot around for EG hard to move around the place as there is so many people on the footpaths

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

There's definitely much more people around town, there's a lot going on and it's well spread out which may account for the empty galleries. I saw a big queue of people outside the design centre last night. I have zero interest in it but surely it wouldn't be good to do away with anything that brings people to Kilkenny.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Mankbag

femur61 wrote: »
    Sure the rain doesn't help today but yesterday I was in town and the town was quiet and the galleries were empty. Is the festival a flop and missed the sell by date or, is it a success?

Town "was quiet" yesterday? You have, as John McEnroe might say, GOTTA be kiddin'!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Town seemed fairly packed today. I also made the mistake of driving up high street thinking "it'll be grand". :(

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

Town was packed on Tuesday, one of the busiest I have seen it !

• Advertisement
Advertisement