Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PDF Reader for magazines

• 15-08-2012 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭

wondering if anyone knows a PDF reader app that displays a mulit page preview window. i guess soemthing similar to the itunes album art display.

i read a lot of books and comics on my ipad and cloudreaders has always been fine as its a linear reading format.

however, reading magazines i like to flick back and forth, pick out an article etc. but the standard pdf readers all just have "next page" so its hard to find something im looking for (other than a text search) but often with a magazine its a quick look at an article that draws you in.

a lot of the better pdf apps are pay to use, dont confirm if they have this type of feature, and I'm not even sure if it will work as well as i imagine so looking for a recommendation to try.

anyone who reads magazines on the ipad got any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

I use good reader for reading PDFs, its 4-5 euro on the market but i think its good.

I don't think it displays the pdfs as icons similar to itunes but it shows them in a list

Goodreader does display them in pages so you can swipe to the next page and back again. its not one long page of text

Probably the best thing about it is it can connect to local servers and cloud storage ala drop box.

I would recommend it but i suggest to Google it to make sure its what you want

*Edit is this for iPhone or iPad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

its for ipad,

does it have a page preview?
    not looking to display covers in a preview, but rather the entire magazine (say 10 pages at once that you can slide scross and pick one to show)

subway wrote: »
    its for ipad,

does it have a page preview?
    not looking to display covers in a preview, but rather the entire magazine (say 10 pages at once that you can slide scross and pick one to show)

Oh i know what you mean , haven't got the ipad on me, but i can check when i get home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

cheers for checking.

I've been googling for a fair bit and came across an app called bookman.
    its 2.39, and just finsihed installing it now and it does exactly what i was looking for.

217094.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Tazium

Kindle is good at PDFs, offers a page view too. Not sure if iBooks offers a page view though, haven't used that one in a while.

• Advertisement

Just an update good reader , does not have that page preview , it only does it foe the front page

Advertisement