Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just A Little Advise Please (Sticky Issue)

• 15-08-2012 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi,

I'll give a brief synopsis of my issue.
    Booked a holiday in Nov 2011 with a travel agent, paid a deposit, rang in June 2012 for the final balance payment (as I had misplaced my original booking documentation), was quoted the remaining balance, sent off the cheque. Got a confirmation email from said travel agent confirming receipt of full payment.

Sounds simple enough, right? Here comes the sticky bit.

I received an email 22 days later saying that I owed more (a few hundred) on it! I responded by saying that I had received a receipt declaring full and final payment, with zero balance owing on it. They said that there are internal flights (we are going to 2 destinations for a few days each) which have to be priced seperately. They said their accounts department did not price them in with the main price that I was quoted in June 2012 however they were there in Nov 2011.
    I again said that I had lost the original documentation and hence I rang for the outstanding balance figure.

I have sent many emails to-and-fro with them but they are saying that nothing has changed with the price since Nov 2011 and I have to pay. (not being a smart ass here, but I thought a receipt stating "Paid In Full" would signify a change in confirmation price on the original booking). Again, remebering that I did not have the original booking to hand.

What are my rights here? (I rang consumer connect, they were not very clear, they said maybe pay it and then go to small claims court after, but the chap on the phone didnt really know I don't think)
    Who is at fault?
    And, am I liable for the figure they say I owe?
    And, any idea how it could take 22 days to inform me of this payment due?

Thanks alot in advance for any help/advise.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭234

The forum charter prohibits the giving of advice. Talk to a solicitor if you want to contest this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement