Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dust: An Elysian Tail

Options
  • 15-08-2012 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭

This is out today on xbox live and it looks fantastic. It's a "metroidvania" 2d action rpg with loot/crafting etc. The animation is really nice too

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Looks pretty tempting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Wow this game looks really beautiful and the animation is fantastic. Gameplay looks like alot of fun also. I would get it right now if i didnt have about 25 other games to play through, but will get it at some point later. Might even be reduced at that time too.

Looking at this video makes me want a HD remake of Odin Sphere and Muramasa. IIRC the devs behind both these titles where working on a PS3 game of similiar art style and gameplay but i cant remember the name of it, was really looking forward to it. Anyone know of it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Vanillaware are working on Dragon's Crown, there'll probably be more about it at TGS.

Dust looks really good though. Will definitely pick it up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Looking at this video makes me want a HD remake of Odin Sphere and Muramasa. IIRC the devs behind both these titles where working on a PS3 game of similiar art style and gameplay but i cant remember the name of it, was really looking forward to it. Anyone know of it?

Dragon's Crown? Or PSP game Grand Knights History?

I like the look of Dust, although today is looking like a good day for digital downloads with this, Sound Shapes and maybe Dyad. I'm going to pick up two, but what two is the question!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Resident Evil 4 fans will love the merchant :D

• Advertisement

Played the trial there, lots to like about it. They have a sale. Seems to be a case of best for last in terms of the summer of arcade stuff.

Edit: Ha just found a cage and unlocked it
    super meat boy
    was inside :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

How much does this cost?

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    How much does this cost?

I started the game on tough, and found it ok early on but once you leave the 1st village the difficulty ramps up big time. Health is very hard to come by, you dont get healed by save points, and the cost of actual health restoration items is sky vs what it actually restores....... there could be a challenge in this game :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Very tempted by this but have too many unplayed games lying around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

played it for half an hour on normal. way too many enemies for my liking but then it was easy to run away from them. I may wait a while to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

sweetie wrote: »
    way too many enemies for my liking

There is something very pure about wading in and combo-ing the sh*t out of them, though. :)

Fun game, metroidvania style, good music, good voice over, hidden areas, satisfying power-ups, treasure chests to loot, and a good sense of humour.

So I grabbed it. :o

Mr E wrote: »
    There is something very pure about wading in and combo-ing the sh*t out of them, though. :)

Fun game, metroidvania style, good music, good voice over, hidden areas, satisfying power-ups, treasure chests to loot, and a good sense of humour.

So I grabbed it. :o

Anything good in the chests ? I've been saving keys for the cages because they seem so scarce and the cages take 4 of them to open.

Those spikey blob things are a right pain when you have low health you can almost be sure they will stick you if you try to jump over them to try and avoid fighting them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Haven't played enough of it to put a value on keys (I just open what I see).
    Looks like I need to give it some consideration.... :o

Mr E wrote: »
    Haven't played enough of it to put a value on keys (I just open what I see).
    Looks like I need to give it some consideration.... :o

I'm not sure what the cages are actually worth in the grand scheme of the game but initially you get nothing from them except so far from the 3 I've found
    Mr & Mrs Meat boy and the 'Splunky Miner
    and they don't seem to do much of anything except appear at the sanctuary once found.

Advertisement