Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€1,000 bonus?

Options
  • 15-08-2012 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭

I heard that there was a €1,000 bonus for any student who goes to NUI Maynooth with more than 500 points. Is this true, or are there some criteria that I must meet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Bobsammy

Yep once you get over 500 points. They'll write to you after you accept your CAO offer and you'll get it in two lots of €500. There'll also be an awards night around Halloween where you'll get a nice piece of crystal.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

If they had introduced the extra 25 points for honours maths last year, I would have got this. It's so frustrating! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Class. A grand will surely come in handy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭LedZeppelin

You get €1000 (drink money sorted) and some shiny Dublin Crystal for your efforts :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

Thinly veiled "I got over 500 points in my LC" thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 cathykay

Liking the comment, Jonah!
    Jonah42 wrote: »
    Thinly veiled "I got over 500 points in my LC" thread.

Also, if you get 500 points or more you get an email 'inviting' you to apply for campus accommodation, which is thinly veiled We really want you to be near the lectures and libraryso you don't waste your braininess!

Wondering if a (hopefully) successful re-grade in the upwards direction (just 5 points needed!) will result in a) the 'bonus', and b) the offer of campus...

Will let you know, on a thinly veiled new boasting thread!

Good luck everyone with the accommodation searching and with your studies!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I'll be honest, I didn't set this thread up just to brag about getting more than 500pts, I was just wondering about the €1,000 grant.

I think my question about the grant has been answered, can a mod lock this thread please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 cathykay

Oh, no worries! I don't think there was any boasting, guys, it's a valid questions to ask!:confused: We all have talents, some academic some not, and all have a purpose in the world! BTW I am only boasting cos it's my daughter, not me! ;)Good luck and hard work to you all!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I'll be honest, I didn't set this thread up just to brag about getting more than 500pts, I was just wondering about the €1,000 grant.

I think my question about the grant has been answered, can a mod lock this thread please?
    Don't worry! Nobody thinks this was a bragging thread at all, Jonah42's post was a joke (that "thinly veiled _________ thread" line is constantly being posted over in AH).

I don't really think there's any need for this thread to be locked tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Seren_ wrote: »
    Don't worry! Nobody thinks this was a bragging thread at all, Jonah42's post was a joke (that "thinly veiled _________ thread" line is constantly being posted over in AH).

I don't really think there's any need for this thread to be locked tbh.
    Thinly veiled "I have the power to close this thread" post

:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement