Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Noonan and bilderberg conference.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Well someone had to go, to clean up after them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Its a very powerful group and we have representation. Good stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Do we? According to that article he attended in a private capacity and is not there to represent us or the country. How can you say that he's representing you when you don't even know what's being discussed?

You can't have it every which way. If he's there in a 'private capacity' he has no business trying to 'sell Ireland on the world stage', (as he put it) at such a meeting. Fine if he's there in an official capacity, but then any discussion should be on record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

so noonan was there with the worlds richest people and said he was there to 'sell' Ireland...

that worrys me! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Do we? According to that article he attended in a private capacity and is not there to represent us or the country. How can you say that he's representing you when you don't even know what's being discussed?

You can't have it every which way. If he's there in a 'private capacity' he has no business trying to 'sell Ireland on the world stage', (as he put it) at such a meeting. Fine if he's there in an official capacity, but then any discussion should be on record.
    But it wont be on record. Id be interested to see what the outcomes of previous bilderberg meetings were and how they affected our lives.
    Rest assured its not x-factor they are talking about!
    What are our rights on this? Do we have a right to to know what our elected officials are doing at the bilderberg meetings?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

davet82 wrote: »
    so noonan was there with the worlds richest people and said he was there to 'sell' Ireland...

That put an image of mac daddy noonan in full pimp outfit offering the services of his bitches to those willing to throw a few euro our way :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

shedweller wrote: »
    But it wont be on record. Id be interested to see what the outcomes of previous bilderberg meetings were and how they affected our lives.
    What are our rights on this? Do we have a right to to know what our elected officials are doing at the bilderberg meetings?

There are some limitations to the Freedom of Information Act, one of them being a clause where 'matters of economic sensitivity" (or something) may be withheld.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

That put an image of mac daddy noonan in full pimp outfit offering the services of his bitches to those willing to throw a few euro our way :(
    That could ba a good gift grub sketch!
    Re: the few euro. Any euro coming our way would be in the form of debt, would it not? More debt on top of existing debt..... Yay!!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Casillas

The Bilderberg lads are making a shambles out of keeping their meetings out of the media.

What happened to the days when 'there were no meetings'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I'd rather him being there than not being there. If he was not minister of Finance he would not have been invited. There is a distinct possibility that his invitation was to be present only as an Individual and not in his official capacity.

Im confident that Michael Noonan was not down in a bunker, evilly designing ways to screw the Irish people.

• Advertisement

See the nine (scroll downward) graphics, listing what's discussed.

http://www.thejournal.ie/bilderberg-2012-agenda-conference-michael-noonan-557543-Aug2012/

...There is a distinct possibility that his invitation was to be present only as an Individual and not in his official capacity.

Correct.
    If one reads the documents (see link above), ALL persons attending are told they are doing so as individuals (given their experiences I'm assuming) and are told this as such, very clearly.

No one is attending in an official capacity/rank/ and/or on behalf of a government, business or similar body/group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭K3lso

What are our "rights"? lol...we're talking about a Bilderberg meeting...these people don't give one flying f*ck about your "rights" (these people draw them up and take them away)...I would of thought that was glaringly obvious....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

? Do we have a right to to know what our elected officials are doing at the bilderberg meetings?

I reckon its just a big lads weekend. Session. Hookers. All that.

However in order to have a laugh with conspiracy nuts like those over on the CT forum they like to shroud it in secrecy and give off the impression to the easily led that they are forming the new world order and all that craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

drdeadlift wrote: »
    So whats your take on him attending this conference along with the fact that the tax payer payed for expenses.

Imo hes another puppet with a big hand up his arse

http://www.thejournal.ie/bilderberg-2012-agenda-conference-michael-noonan-557543-Aug2012/

You expect to pay for his work trip, flights and hotels out of his own pocket?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Casillas

Sykk wrote: »
    You expect to pay for his work trip, flights and hotels out of his own pocket?

I thought it was a private meeting as a private person, that has nothing to do with the State, hence why there are no votes, no quotes and no public records.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

He is telling the truth... they are planning to sell Coillte, Aer Lingus and mining rights to the highest bidders

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

Representing us!!!

:pac::pac::pac:

Are you for real? The Bilderberg Group don't represent anyone but their own collective power grab. They meet to further discuss carving up the world's wealth for themselves and smelly little people like you and me don't feature anywhere in their agenda.

Representing us, hahahaha!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

I'd rather him being there than not being there. If he was not minister of Finance he would not have been invited. There is a distinct possibility that his invitation was to be present only as an Individual and not in his official capacity.

Im confident that Michael Noonan was not down in a bunker, evilly designing ways to screw the Irish people.

More than likely he's there to discuss with the rest of the vampires how it's all going with stripping all public sector spending in Ireland and passing it to the hands of the mega rich.
    Since the whole financial meltdown was created on purpose to loot the treasuries of so many countries and to rob the little people of their taxes by essentially taxing them but giving them nothing (it's called austerity) you can bet that these fcukers aren't discuss financial matters with any altruistic view in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

So a load of international CEO's and politicians are going to have a big meeting?

I'm shocked and appalled, I tells ya!

• Advertisement
Advertisement