Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Add course too late?

• 15-08-2012 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Is it too late to add a course to my cao?

Also what if I get offered a place somewhere but want to want till round two to see if there's a point drop will I lose my place that was offered?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Yes.

You can accept your first offer (say your 3rd choice), and still be able to accept/decline any subsequent offers (your 2nd or 1st choice).

It isn't good to ignore your first offer, because you may be offered a course you "dislike more" in the subsequent rounds (or no offers at all), and by then you'll have forfeited your first offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭username?!

bscm wrote: »
    Yes.
    You can accept your first offer (say your 3rd choice), and still be able to accept/decline any subsequent offers (your 2nd or 1st choice).

You can accept your first offer (let's say 6th on your list) and still get offered maybe your 4th or 5th choice in the 2nd or 3rd round of offers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

username?! wrote: »
    You can accept your first offer (let's say 6th on your list) and still get offered maybe your 4th or 5th choice in the 2nd or 3rd round of offers?

Yes, as everyone says, with the CAO you can always have the chance to move up. You will not be offered a lower choice after your first offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭username?!

bscm wrote: »
    Yes, as everyone says, with the CAO you can always have the chance to move up. You will not be offered a lower choice after your first offer.

Ahh ok I thought once you "accept" an offer thats it, your out of the system.

Advertisement