Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commission agents or Franchising

Options
  • 15-08-2012 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭

We sell business comsummables that are bought by most types of retail, crafts, distribution, manufacturing, country markets businesses etc etc mainly through our online shop. We also supply some other resellers at wholesale pricing. We also sell at out trade counter and our main sales volumes are to established credit account customers.

We would like to increase our promotional efforts on the ground in the major urban areas and were thinking of with some sort of a commission agent structure for a defined period. I am aware of the issues with Commission agents becoming effective employees under EU employment law.

Has any one done this?
    Was it effective?
    What is a fair payment structure? Average online order value is just above 100 Euro ex VAT.

Would it be more effective to try and run it as some sort of a franchising structure? They would only need a 3G tablet and basic transport, we would provide all the promotional materials, stock, delivery and admin.

I am open to all critique and any other suggestions. I know there is great is great experience and advice to be had on this forum.

Cheers

Peter

Advertisement