Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Email notification without notification sound

• 15-08-2012 12:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭

I have a Galaxy S2 running ICS 4.0.3
    I've discovered how to disable the notification sound when emails arrive but now I don't get a logo for new email on the top of the screen.
    Is it possible to have just a visual notification, as in just a new email logo on top without having a notification sound?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭nedd

leave the notification on for the email app.
    then in Settings/Sound/Volumes dont link Ringtone and Notification volumes and set notification volume to mute.

this will mute all notifications though.

if the problem is you don't want to get notifications about all the crap emails you get i think in Gmail you can set some contacts high priority and only get notified when priority messages arrive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

nedd wrote: »
    leave the notification on for the email app.
    then in Settings/Sound/Volumes dont link Ringtone and Notification volumes and set notification volume to mute.
    this will mute all notifications though.
    if the problem is you don't want to get notifications about all the crap emails you get i think in Gmail you can set some contacts high priority and only get notified when priority messages arrivWhatsOevere
    That's just it, I want notifications for text messages and apps like Viber and WhatsApp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

try this - it works on my htc desire running 4.1.1 and the stock mail client

Load the email client
    settings
    the account name (not General)
    Select email notification to tick
    choose ringtone and select silent

hth
    MiCr0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

MiCr0 wrote: »
    try this - it works on my htc desire running 4.1.1 and the stock mail client
    Load the email client
    settings
    the account name (not General)
    Select email notification to tick
    choose ringtone and select silent
    hth
    MiCr0
    Thanks, that did the job.

Advertisement