Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go out

Options
  • 15-08-2012 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭

Heya folks, a bunch of friends and I are heading to Dublin for the weekend for a friends birthday. Now we have a place booked for the meal and first drinks down near christchurch but I've been asked to figure out where we should go after.

It's a pretty chilled out international group of people but I don't really know where to go with them as I've been out of a Dublin a few years now. There is about 20 of us and it will be a saturday night, what do ye recommend?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

What's the age range?
    What type of place would the majority of the group be interested in going to, ie music wise, ambiance?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Mid 20's to early 30's I think is the range, I've not met alot of them but I think music wise it can vary greatly from 80's rock to pop to indie between everyone. My main goal is to show them somewhere friendly and fun but also somewhere that won't have the door men freak out when they see a gang of us coming (It's a very chilled out group who never cause trouble but I do remember some sides of what it was like before I left)

I'd say they will want to go to a club after too so any recommendations on that would be really appreciated!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Maybe the Globe on Georges st? I think between dame st, Georges st and further up along camden st there would be enough choice to keep everyone happy.

You could reserve an area in Bar with No Name (Fade Street) and then pop into Hogan's (downstairs) or Ri-Ra after for some dancing.

There's also Whelan's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

How about the Mezz bar? http://mezzbar.weebly.com/mezz.html
    Although its in temple bar, the prices are reasonable and the music is always really good, although it can be a tad too loud if you want to sit around and chat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

if you are staying near christchurch you should go to the bull and castle. its a good pub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

if you are staying near christchurch you should go to the bull and castle. its a good pub

Yep, go in there and get up to the Beer Hall, it's a cracking pub featuring a lot of Irish craft beers, and a fair few international beers also.

there'd be music on upstairs too, and it's a decent night out.

If you can, you should really see about unbooking the meal wherever else you have booked, and get the group into the Bull & Castle too, downstairs is a very good, reasonably priced restaurant (FXB run it).

In short. Go to the Bull and Castle, you will not regret it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Des wrote: »
    Yep, go in there and get up to the Beer Hall, it's a cracking pub featuring a lot of Irish craft beers, and a fair few international beers also.

there'd be music on upstairs too, and it's a decent night out.

If you can, you should really see about unbooking the meal wherever else you have booked, and get the group into the Bull & Castle too, downstairs is a very good, reasonably priced restaurant (FXB run it).

In short. Go to the Bull and Castle, you will not regret it.

plus if you are staying near christchurch you wont have much 1 step forward 3 steps backwards walking after a night in the bull and castle:)

Wherever you decide to go Asok, try book an area as the places already mentioned tend to be very busy on Saturdays and 20 people is a large group.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Cheers for all the recommendations folks! really appreciate it :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement