Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ARTHUR'S DAY LINE-UP CONFIRMED 27TH SEPTEMBER

Options
  • 15-08-2012 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭

http://www.hotpress.com/news/Arthurs-Day-Lineup-confirmed/9100836.html?new_layout=1

Just go to a pub and see who turns up??

not a fan of that great line up

Example, Tinie Tempah, Ellie Goulding, Mika, Professor Green, Fatboy Slim, Texas and Amy MacDonald are the heavyweight names confirmed for September 27’s Arthur’s Day celebrations which, for the first time, will be coming to all corners of Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

as always, a piss-poor lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

oh diageo, how you piss upon us all

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

its a shocking shocking lineup............normally, there are a couple of "marquee" names annouced on day one, but this is actually piss poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

As with every other Arthurs Day, the lack of Irish acts is shocking. I guess the bookings are made from some marketing office in London

I was thinking the very same. Should be an event where the focus is on bands from here, with some good Marquee names thrown in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Texas?! FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

Very poor lineup and seems aimed at those who are not or only barely old enough to be in a pub after 9pm.

What rock did they find Texas and Fatboy Slim under?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Thank god ill probably be working at it again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Wouldn't mind seeing Ellie Goulding but no-one else there stands out. Arthur's Day is a rubbish excuse for an event anyway. Would never bother with it unless someone/something spectacular was announced for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Volvic12

I agree. Poor poor line-up.. Maybe they will announce more in the coming weeks.
    I see they have also got rid of the gig in the Storehouse - surprised by this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Joe95

I'm only gonna go to find Ellie Goulding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Even by their standards, the lineup is a bit rubbish. It's all just a glorified Guinness advertisement anyhoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

It's free for ****s sake, stop moaning

Well, I'd pay in if they got good acts!

Bud Rising and Heineken Green Energy anyone?!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

nm wrote: »
    It's free for ****s sake, stop moaning

Not worth it for the absolute sharte of "music" "artists" lined up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Jesus, that is terrible line-up for my personal tastes.

• Site Banned Posts: 236 ✭✭vader65

How does this even make sense, there is plenty of IRISH band/musicians to play why not get the Script, Coronas, Lisa Hannagin, Ash, Aslan, Thin Lizzy, Snow Patrol even the Coors.......

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Guinness Ireland
    Join us for an exclusive preview of our new Arthur's Day ad this evening as we see a whole village come together to paint the town black!

467217_10151098954704736_1113677406_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Whether you like them or not, the stats don't lie:
    • Tinie Tempah - #1 Album, 2 #1 Singles, 1 x Brit Award
    • Ellie Goulding - #1 Album / #2 in US, #2 Single
    • Mika - Brit Award, Grammy Nom, #1 Album and #1 Single
    • Professor Green - #2 Album
    • Fatboy Slim - #1 Album, 10 MTV Awards, 2 Brit Awards, #1 Single, 6 x Top 10 Singles
    • Texas - 2 x #1 Albums and 10 x Top 10 Singles
    • Amy MacDonald - #1 Single, #1 Album
    I'm not a fan of any of them, but they picked big selling artists!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

What a woeful line up.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

Skid wrote: »
    No it isn't.

From last year's event ...

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0913/arthursday.html

Its completely changed this year by the sounds of things. No tickets at all, its just first come first served and you take the chance on where by being on your stool earlier. Reckon they must have a serious retainer with the pubs who'll actually get decent gigs (if any), and they'll have a higher take of the bar......

cant see them making money any other way, unless they absolutely cleaned up beyond belief over the last couple of years.

Basq wrote: »
    Whether you like them or not, the stats don't lie:
    • Tinie Tempah - #1 Album, 2 #1 Singles, 1 x Brit Award
    • Ellie Goulding - #1 Album / #2 in US, #2 Single
    • Mika - Brit Award, Grammy Nom, #1 Album and #1 Single
    • Professor Green - #2 Album
    • Fatboy Slim - #1 Album, 10 MTV Awards, 2 Brit Awards, #1 Single, 6 x Top 10 Singles
    • Texas - 2 x #1 Albums and 10 x Top 10 Singles
    • Amy MacDonald - #1 Single, #1 Album
    I'm not a fan of any of them, but they picked big selling artists!

My issue isn't with the artist or that they are not sucessfull enough but they are not Irish. Its an Irish celebration about an Irish Company to Irish people and there's not ONE Irish band on the line up.... Even though we have several BIG acts in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

vader65 wrote: »
    My issue isn't with the artist or that they are not sucessfull enough but they are not Irish. Its an Irish celebration about an Irish Company to Irish people and there's not ONE Irish band on the line up.... Even though we have several BIG acts in Ireland.
    That's just looks like a preliminary line-up.... the headliners so to speak!

Last year, they announced headliners such as Scissor Sisters, Stereophonics, Aloe Blacc, Paloma Faith, Calvin Harris etc.

Irish artists will be announced closer to the day I'd imagine.

Basq wrote: »
    That's just looks like a preliminary line-up.... the headliners so to speak!

Last year, they announced headliners such as Scissor Sisters, Stereophonics, Aloe Blacc, Paloma Faith, Calvin Harris etc.

Irish artists will be announced closer to the day I'd imagine.

I hope the Coronas play! would be awesome! FYI iv nothing against the Scottish and English act just thought it was a bit messed up they didn't have any Irish acts (yet).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

jossnjuice wrote: »
    Its completely changed this year by the sounds of things. No tickets at all, its just first come first served and you take the chance on where by being on your stool earlier. Reckon they must have a serious retainer with the pubs who'll actually get decent gigs (if any), and they'll have a higher take of the bar......

You are right, I had assumed it was the same format as last year.

It is a bit too much of a lucky dip. Unless you have insider knowledge of who is playing where your chances of seeing a band you like are slim.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Totalelf

Excuse ignorance, but how are you supposed to know who is playing where? Love Mika & Amy Macdonald.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

You dont, ypu go to some pub and hope ya get someone ya like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xxyyxx

I'd like to see Amy Mcdonald

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭bobbyg

Totalelf wrote: »
    Excuse ignorance, but how are you supposed to know who is playing where? Love Mika & Amy Macdonald.

I would be shocked if Mika doesn't play the George!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Joekers

Guinness Irelands facebook page are posting pictures off 3 symbols and you have to try and crack the code to what band they represent and so far two of the correct guesses seem to be Mumford and Sons and Fun Lovin Criminals so looks like they are also being added to the line up.:D

Advertisement