Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ARTHUR'S DAY LINE-UP CONFIRMED 27TH SEPTEMBER

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Haven't seen that but I know the 3rd is
    Primal Scream
    , I really, really want to see them or the Fun Lovin' Criminals, Anyone know where they might be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

CiaranK wrote: »
    Haven't seen that but I know the 3rd is
    Primal Scream
    , I really, really want to see them or the Fun Lovin' Criminals, Anyone know where they might be?

If that spoiler is true, all is forgiven. Now where, where, where..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

confirmed now:
    http://www.state.ie/news/primal-scream-mumford-sons-join-arthurs-day-bill
    There are some nice new additions to the line-up for this year’s Arthur’s Day gigs, set to take place on September 27th. Primal Scream, Mumford & Sons and Fun Livin’ Criminals join a bill that already includes Example, Tinie Tempah, Ellie Goulding, Mika, Professor Green, Fatboy Slim, Texas and Amy MacDonald, as well as a variety of Irish acts (We Cut Corners, Rubberbandits, Delorentos, Little Green Cars, The Hot Sprockets).

This year there are no tickets on sale for the event, with 500 free Arthur’s Day music events taking place in local pubs across all 32 counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Joekers

Must find out where mumford and sons are playing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Joekers wrote: »
    Must find out where mumford and sons are playing!!

I've heard there's a boycott planned after they were announced :pac:

• Advertisement

No tickets onsale? How will they handle it when it gets leaked who's playing where?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Joekers

No tickets onsale? How will they handle it when it gets leaked who's playing where?
    Id imagine that they will give out wristbands to the first people there up until they have none left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Volvic12 wrote: »
    I agree. Poor poor line-up.. Maybe they will announce more in the coming weeks.
    I see they have also got rid of the gig in the Storehouse - surprised by this.

Yeah right, too cool for school :rolleyes:

250,000 fans on Brighton Beach wouldn't agree with you; he is responsible for the biggest gig ever on UK (or Irish) soil.

Anyone got any ideas where Fatboy is playing, is there a rumour mill on the go yet ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

When did he play the biggest Irish show ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

vader65 wrote: »
    My issue isn't with the artist or that they are not sucessfull enough but they are not Irish. Its an Irish celebration about an Irish Company to Irish people and there's not ONE Irish band on the line up.... Even though we have several BIG acts in Ireland.

Neither DIAGEO nor GUINNESS are Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

Neither DIAGEO nor GUINNESS are Irish.

Olé, O-fucking-lé

• Registered Users Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Are they gonna announce where Primal Scream are playing or how is it working? Seems terribly organised this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭MrTsSnickers

JJ wrote: »
    It's all just a glorified Guinness advertisement anyhoo.

It's not a glorified one, it's an actual Guinness advertisement. An international day of getting people into the pubs before 6pm and having them drink **** loads of Guinness. Brilliant idea. Which ever poor intern was swindled out of the idea deserves whatever the PR equivalent of a Nobel prize is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

in the head office they have a sheet drawn up of pubs all over ireland were people will pop up!!!... they know what is going on we just dont know whats going on...

but1er wrote: »
    in the head office they have a sheet drawn up of pubs all over ireland were people will pop up!!!... they know what is going on we just dont know whats going on...

Yea most years ive been working for Arthurs Day the line up gets leaked , they pretend to move everyone around different pubs , but they just leave it as normal .

• Registered Users Posts: 86,634 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Any word on who might play in Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

srm23 wrote: »
    Olé, O-fucking-lé

Sorry I don't speak idiot, can someone translate?

With Arthur’s Day fast approaching, Guinness have announced details of eight planned TV specials aimed to capture some of the incredible flavour on offer at this year’s celebrations. The specials will be filmed in pubs dotted around Cork, Dublin and Belfast and later broadcast nationwide and in over 100 countries across the globe.

With so much music lined up for Arthur’s Day on September 27, it would take some pretty amazing superpowers to catch it all, so if you happen to miss out on your favourite artists, the specials give you the perfect chance to catch unique performances from megastars such as Mumford & Sons, Primal Scream, Example, Tinie Tempah, Ellie Goulding, Texas, Fun Lovin’ Criminals, Amy MacDonald, Fatboy Slim, Professor Green or Mika.

There will also be the opportunity to catch some of Ireland’s finest in action with the likes of The Minutes, Leaders Of Men, The Original Rudeboys, The Riptide Movement, Funeral Suits, This Club and the Dublin Gospel Choir among others set to perform for the cameras. And you can be there too! To be in with a chance of attending the specials, apply over on facebook.com/GUINNESSIreland from Wednesday September 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

Delorentoes are in the Mercantile , while The Strypes and The Hot Sprockets are in Sweeney's.

Rubberbandits are doing a free show in The Village

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Anyone able to find out where Mumford & Sons, Primal Scream, Mika or Fatboy Slim will be playing?

thanks in advance...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Mr.S wrote: »
    If anyone finds out where Example or Ellie Goulding are playing, please post!

Anyone know of any acts definite for Galway please please post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Pygmalion:
    The Minutes 12.30-1.30am
    This Club 2am-3am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Just won a wristband for Delorentos in the Mercantile.

I kinda presumed they would give out two to people :confused:

No i need to look for someone to give me another one, give mine away or go on my own.

Just seems a bit strange!

Really would like to see the Minutes and This Club though.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

Example or Tinie Tempah anybody?

Example or Tinie Tempah anybody?

Im gonna guess there will be someone big in Whelans after the last few years they've had Ed Sheeran last year and Brandon Flowers the year before

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭bleach94

Anyone know of any confirmed acts for Cork?

The Shoos are in Flannerys

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Don't know if it's publicised nbut Alabama 3 are playing Galway and Cork.
    I'll go into Galway to see them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Little Green cars - Hogans

And Whelans aren't part of the random acts on Arthur's Day as far as I'm aware

Advertisement