Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ARTHUR'S DAY LINE-UP CONFIRMED 27TH SEPTEMBER

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

ella11 wrote: »
    Heard Mumford and sons are defo playing in limerick!

heard that today too, but i think amy mcdonald is playing smyths before 'free beer' ... and dont think limerick will get two headline acts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭lc180

Golden Plec Arthurs day breakdown for all venues and pubs

http://www.goldenplec.com/arthurs-day-the-who-and-where-directory/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

That's what I heard... It really seems like it's 'free in, no ticket needed!!!!! except for the ones that aren't; where the headliners are most likely going to be playing'

Whelans, Dakota, Dame Lane and other places have been giving out passes through their facebooks or websites for weeks apparently...

Bit of a joke really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

damowill wrote: »
    heard that today too, but i think amy mcdonald is playing smyths before 'free beer' ... and dont think limerick will get two headline acts

Amy macdonald is in cork afaik. I'd be fairly confident of Mumford and sons playing in limerick. If not them primal scream or Texas.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭soyawhatsup

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Amy macdonald is in cork afaik. I'd be fairly confident of Mumford and sons playing in limerick. If not them primal scream or Texas.

What's the most likely venue in Limerick for them? Dolans is taken tomorrow night afaik

• Advertisement

Smyths won the vote

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ella11

yep i heard smyths in limerick too!! but dolans have confirmed one headline act too!! wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

What's the most likely venue in Limerick for them? Dolans is taken tomorrow night afaik

dolans seems the only 'proper' venue for a big act in limerick. but jape are playing dolans and they have a few other acts there as well. i heard today that royseven are in flannerys. nearly every pub in the town has confirmed some band for their pub except nancys. but you can hardly see mumford playing there. or could ya? also on guiness webpage smyths bar have acts confirmed: free beer and 'to be confirmed'

so are they saying something with the 'to be confirmed' ??

Guess we will find out tomorrow ;)

damowill wrote: »
    dolans seems the only 'proper' venue for a big act in limerick. but jape are playing dolans and they have a few other acts there as well. i heard today that royseven are in flannerys. nearly every pub in the town has confirmed some band for their pub except nancys. but you can hardly see mumford playing there. or could ya? also on guiness webpage smyths bar have acts confirmed: free beer and 'to be confirmed'

so are they saying something with the 'to be confirmed' ??

would have though Nancys would have won it but as you said where the hell are they gonna play in there? too small...guess we wont know anything for sure till we hit the town tororrow!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Random headliners is a nonsense format, big music fan but couldn't be bothered going out for this.

yeah its a pain in the arse no one knows where anyone is playing..people will be running from pub to pub trying to find out where! haha...i for one am staying in smyths weather they are playing in there or not, could be arsed running around limk all because of one act

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭venividivici

Messi19 wrote: »
    Luckily bagged a few passes for whelans. Any idea who the headliner is?

Primal Scream 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭storka

Managed to get a pass for Whelan's but friends got ones for Dakota :( Anyone wanna swap or just take pity and give me a Dakota pass!?

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

storka wrote: »
    Managed to get a pass for Whelan's but friends got ones for Dakota :( Anyone wanna swap or just take pity and give me a Dakota pass!?

Same boat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,635 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

lc180 wrote: »

They forgot to mention that Alabama 3 are Playing OConnells Bar, in Eyre Square, Galway, how can they omit a big name like that in the Arthurs gig guide.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

lc180 wrote: »

they also don't have two of the pubs in Cork who won headliners, reardons and sober lane??? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

This is ****ing farce, the whole time its been 'no tickets this year', just noticed Whelans facebook posted this a few hours ago

"We are getting a lot of enquiries regarding passes for the Arthur's Day TV Special in Whelan's. As things stand there are no more passes to be had but we do have plenty of free entertainment happening in the bar and our upstairs venue."

So I'm guessing we can take it that the headliner will be on the main stage, where you cannot get access without a pass, which as far as I can see were barely made available to the public (or were they at all?)

Joke of a way to run it

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

Primal Scream 100%

Pretty sure it's not Primal Scream.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 johnjoe123

Whelans is definitely Mumford and Sons, Grand Social is Primal Scream and 4 Dame Lane is Example. Fatboy Slim is playing in the Old Oak in Cork. This is 100% true.

• Advertisement

This is Guinness's facebook aswell -

"All headline artists will play surprise gigs in the winning local pubs Ireland. In addition, artists will also perform at Arthur's Day TV Specials in Cork, Dublin & Belfast over the course of the night. These are the only venues where passes will be needed on the night"

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭lertsnim

comet wrote: »
    Random headliners is a nonsense format, big music fan but couldn't be bothered going out for this.

Agree completely. It is all very farcical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 LetsZep

lertsnim wrote: »
    Agree completely. It is all very farcical.

It is all a bit of a farce this year I agree. I'd rather pay a fiver or a tenner and know there's going to be a half decent line-up in a given venue. The quality of local acts is quite poor also- seems to be literally three or four pubs in Dublin who have anyone half decent.

Also, I love people's so called 'rumours' that are being put out there. Would be very interested to know what the sources of their information are. I won't be overly shocked if they turn out to be false...

Rant over, I may head out for the laugh and the black stuff- that shouldn't disappoint:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

nm wrote: »
    This is Guinness's facebook aswell -

"All headline artists will play surprise gigs in the winning local pubs Ireland. In addition, artists will also perform at Arthur's Day TV Specials in Cork, Dublin & Belfast over the course of the night. These are the only venues where passes will be needed on the night"

:confused:
    each of the below places will have a big name headliner, and you need passes to get in to them, and they'll all have their sets filmed and shown live.
    after that, each of the headliners will play in smaller pubs in different parts of the country.

Dakota DUBLIN
    Market Bar DUBLIN
    Whelans DUBLIN
    Grand Social DUBLIN
    Crane Lane CORK
    The Old Oak CORK
    Lavery’s BELFAST
    Botanic Inn BELFAST

• Registered Users Posts: 14 johnjoe123

LetsZep wrote: »
    Also, I love people's so called 'rumours' that are being put out there. Would be very interested to know what the sources of their information are. I won't be overly shocked if they turn out to be false...

Mine aren't rumours, far from it. Different sources for different acts which include someone working for RTE who are filming Fatboy Slim and Mumford and then support acts for the other gigs. These are definitely true, would have no interest coming on here and making stuff up. Thought i'd try give people a heads up in case they were interested in seeing any of these acts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Joekers

Looking foward to tomorrow, sick of everyone complaining, just get out and enjoy and experience some new music and you never know who might show up to your local, as has been already pointed out the big acts are playing main venues and then after that they are moving on to smaller bars. Last year was in Bruxelles and Stereophonics walked in so you never know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

johnjoe123 wrote: »
    Mine aren't rumours, far from it. Different sources for different acts which include someone working for RTE who are filming Fatboy Slim and Mumford and then support acts for the other gigs. These are definitely true, would have no interest coming on here and making stuff up. Thought i'd try give people a heads up in case they were interested in seeing any of these acts.

fatboy slim was in dakota you were saying?
    Example in 4 dame? i thought he would have been in one of the venues they're taping in

• Registered Users Posts: 32 lola.bella

Hi

Has anyone suggestions where to go in Dublin? Have no tickets/passes arranged.. Just want a decent band/music..

Tks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 flashash

Anyone know where fun loving criminals are playing?

• Advertisement

It'll make no difference to anyone here who plays the tv specials now anyway, as there are no passes left for any of them

It'd be nice to have some indication what pubs whoever is playing afterwards though

Advertisement