Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ARTHUR'S DAY LINE-UP CONFIRMED 27TH SEPTEMBER

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

cena wrote: »
    So no one knows who is playing where and what time. Doesn't sound like guinness planed the day very well.

Is that not the whole point of it? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

Harpy wrote: »
    No Heineken on sale in smyths, so maybe that's a sign if no Heineken on sale there's prib a headliner playing in that pub...

Is there a list of who is playing where

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Harpy wrote: »
    No Heineken on sale in smyths, so maybe that's a sign if no Heineken on sale there's prib a headliner playing in that pub...

Texas was the headliner. Limerick has no other headline act. Confirmed by the GM of Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Herbaliser in mickeys for one before home. Work at 9 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭NaNaNa1

I'm not sure how accurate this is but it seems quite a thorough table of where and who are playing.... http://www.goldenplec.com/arthurs-day-the-who-and-where-directory/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Texas finished in Smyths.. Wow! Really connected with the crowd, an amazing gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

cena wrote: »
    So no one knows who is playing where and what time. Doesn't sound like guinness planed the day very well.
    that was the whole point :confused:

most cities and towns across the country are packed.
    all the venues where the big acts are playing had their tickets snappped up straight away.
    tens of thousands of people out drinknig for the night who wouldn't otherwise be out.
    i'm sure Guinness, as well as the pubs, are absolutely delighted.

3HgOC.jpg

HZ93u.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Scissor sisters for O'Donoghues?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ended up going to see Ryan Sheridan in the Temple Bar which was pretty good , but i think if they are gonna do the "free tickets thing" as MR S said they should have had a thing where you can sign up for tickets for the big events like Whelans etc .

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Saw Ellie Goulding in Crane Lane, absolutely amaaaaaaaaaaazing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Twas a great night at the Roisin Dubh in Galway, DJ Kormac played some wicked sounds, I recorded a few video clips, enjoy, a great buzz but the temperature was incredibly hot, left half way through his encore has could not take the heat and wanting to jump around at the same time.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

ella11 wrote: »
    yep just saw a photo of them playing but where are they playing after that is the burning question?!

They played at Gearys Bar in Charleville.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I saw Alabama 3 in O Connells, Galway.
    Good gig, despite the weather.
    4 of them played an acoustic set, opened with Woke Up This Morning...
    Bantered with the audience a bit, seems like a nice bunch
    Played at least 1 hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭padski08

Example in 4 Dame Lane was quality!
    Place was bananas, gig was upstairs and got so packed that people were told if go for a smoke or to the jacks, they cant get back up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Mr.S wrote: »
    Its just a bit **** because people didn't know where the acts where playing, so it was hit or miss if you really wanted to see a band.

Yeah its a success for Diageo just not so much for some bands fans :pac:
    yeah, if you want to see one of the bands it's a bit crap, but really they're just there as an extra to drum up publicity, so can't see Diageo being too bothered really...

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Cartuja

Anybody estimate how many people were in Old Oak last night for gig?

So if some of this was recorded, I certainly dont see anything in the tv listings showing any of the Arthur Day gigs, what actual tv channel is showing this footage, checked yesterdays listings and todays, nothing about Arthurs Day gigs on RTE, TG4 or TV3.

Just browsing Youtube for some footage, this looks wicked, Primal Scream at the Silver Granite, Palmerstown, Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

So if some of this was recorded, I certainly dont see anything in the tv listings showing any of the Arthur Day gigs, what actual tv channel is showing this footage, checked yesterdays listings and todays, nothing about Arthurs Day gigs on RTE, TG4 or TV3.

Its usually on the pub channel on sky. could have been on live last night but was out myself so didnt see any of it. id say itll pop us as specials on RTE over the next month or so. similar to the way MTV used to cover poxegen.

Mumford and Sons went to Bruxelles after their gigs :( Was actually thinking about going there but was way too packed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

dinneenp wrote: »
    I saw Alabama 3 in O Connells, Galway.

Last time I saw them in Galway the lead singers stormed off after the gig and I heard him say, "This is the last f*cking time I'm playing with you c*nts."

He obviously got over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Anyone know where I can find a list of who played where?

Why have you all stopped talking about Arthurs Day, whats your plans for next year, whats the reviews of some of the concerts this year.

Why have you all stopped talking about Arthurs Day, whats your plans for next year, whats the reviews of some of the concerts this year.

Stay local :p

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

It would be hard to defend the organization of this years Arthurs Day as been anything other than a disaster!

To tell people for months that the concerts would be a first come first served events, and then pull out a wrist band system the last minute was a joke, and people are right to be pissed off!

Maybe this was advertised more than I seen, But I was keeping an eye out for news on the line up and who would be playing where, and the first thing I heard about Wrist Bands was that they were all giving out for most venues!

I turned up at The Grand Social shortly after 5, and even then was told there would be zero chance of getting in! As all the Wrist Bands had been giving out and the Guest List was full! My disapointment was somewhat slightly eased by a free Boon Central pint.

I was lucky enough to hear that Primal Scream were playing in the Silver Granite of all places!!! Sure enough I went down and was blown away by their proformance, absolutely incredible!!! Don't think my ears have returned to normal yet! V V V Loud! A really great band that I'll be looking out for when they next come to Dublin.

Overall the day would have been a total disaster of trying to find a place to go if not for hearing about Primal Scream's Silver granite gig,

If this is what to expect from Arthurs Day leave me out!

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

Scream Team played the Silver Granite?!

.. well I'll say this whatever the acts least they had the humility to do these, random pup appearances as they're bigger than that. No idea what they were paid but they showed a folk spirit not unique to mumford

Advertisement