Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get exams re-corrected?

• 15-08-2012 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

How does an external candidate get exams re-corrected? Expected A1s in a 2 subjects but didn't get it and I repeated. I know given how I did in 2011 compared to 2012 that I deserved more in these 2.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You should have got a form in with your results - if not, contact the SEC.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jenifa

Know the feeling! I took a new subject for last year lc, got a C2. This year got B's through out the year, even in my pres. And got a D in the real thing!! Definitely knew more info than last year at least!

It says on the supplied sheet that came with the results,
    "Results may be appealed by completing the appeal application form (available from schools) and returning it to the school for transmission to the Commission, having first taken the form to a bank for payment of the appropriate fee (i.e. 40 euro per subject). Must be submitted by 5.00 pm Wednesday 5th september 2012."

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭opticalillusion

Oh I hears ya, I'm external too, disgusted with my D result - deserved better. Killed myself studying for Irish.

I checked my results online as working today so got no forms.

I will be viewing my scripts before appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

you can pick the form up at any school I thinks. It would be worth your while viewing your papers first though- with a teacher of the subjects if you can get one- they can then advise you if you should get it rechecked or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Kelix

do they know you're an external candidate when they're correcting it? If so they could be prejudice about it, from what you're all saying it seems like all external candidates weren't happy with their results...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭opticalillusion

That's what I was asking in another thread. I had a different number and and had to sign external candidate forms every day as well.

I was told by an external candidate teacher that we are marked easier, but I don't know if there is any truth in that and I certainly wasn't gone easy on.

Also I got my results in the post yesterday - I rang the school and they don't get them, you get your viewing scripts form and appeals form with bank giro in the post, with you crap results :rolleyes:

Advertisement