Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do wooden gates always sag

• 15-08-2012 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Do wooden gates always sag. a friend of mine has had a fence/ gate installed and the posts are cemeted into place. Still after a short time the gate sags and the bolt will not meet the part where it is supposed to lock in. Has to be lifted. is there anything that can be done

The person who put it ionsay rain makes it heavy and it sags. is that just an excuse?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭nhg

Might be worth having a look at the hanging irons, my parents gate every few years sag and touch, they get constant use everyday and usually the hanging irons need new bolts or the iron with the peg going into the ground needs a hand.

Timber wise it depends on what type of timber they are manucactured from, my parents ones are Iroko Teak and they are about 35 yrs old. If made from softwood they will soak up the water and swell and shrink with the heat.

Advertisement