Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I've had a couple of matches with a friend, no problems at all. I find it particularly amusing that you can name your aliens.

*critical hit takes out Sectoid*

Friend: "KEVIN! Noooo!"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

400+ hours played and havent touched multiplayer at all. I've heard it's buggy though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

400+ hours played and havent touched multiplayer at all. I've heard it's buggy though

I honestly didn't know that it had multiplayer!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

The issue's I encountered when playing Multiplayer (before the update) was actually getting the bloody match to start. It would just hang in the loading screen but not actually load. Also another issue was when it came to the second turn you wouldn't be able to move any units and the counter would tick down.

I thought these all got fixed though. I haven't played it since getting my new PC rig so might give it a shot soon to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

I just finished Classic IRONMAN!!!!

WOOT for me!!!

Not a feckin hope in hell I'm trying that on impossible - roll on steam sale and new challenges

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Christ, I'm atrocious at this game! What has happened to me!?!

Sectoids gettin' you down?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Chryssalids gettin down your bowels and inner soul?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

when will this game ever be converted across to the android!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

nothing ever goes to absolute **** as fast as a ****ing target extraction mission

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

yeeap...

Worst extraction situation happened to me when finally getting the person after taking ages trying to be careful and then on the way back aliens just spawned all around and one squad member panics and shoots the extraction target dead :(

well that's the full day spent playing x-com and i'm uninstalling it again

I am not usually an angry man but this game does not make me happy at all.

is there any way to force the game to stay at the maxed out zoom level?

is there any way to force the game to stay at the maxed out zoom level?

Hahah can't keep away.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Cuchulainn90

Iron-man on classic is enough to send you to therapy! Them bleeding extraction missions!

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Hahah can't keep away.

deleted it, then downloaded it again this morning
    curse you upc

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Reinstalling atm :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Purchased in SSS.

Why have I not been playing this before? Brilliant.

and I completely understand the frustration (even as a newb to the game - why the **** do I have to lose 3 max level soldiers on a ****ty ufo mission. ffs)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

Reinstalling atm :D.

Timer started fo uninstall

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Started playing this when I got it in the sales, have never played an xcom game before and went into it only knowing that its meant to be unforgiving !

I must say, as a massive fan of Hogs of war for the PSX, I am loving the turn based combat.

The start was a bit easy but the difficulty sky rocketed when I reached the alien base level and watched in horror as my two highest ranking soldiers got massacred :( , had to bring in the S.H.I.V unit which has atrocious aim !

****ing hate the missions where you have to save civilians though !

• Advertisement

my finest hour.. i think it is possible to get everyone, but i've yet to do it .. poxy hard some times

8238B658FFCEEE951A7575848467F522AB0CE0CC

http://www.destructoid.com/listings-for-xcom-enemy-within-have-popped-up-259111.phtml?

Expansion or Sequel? or expand-alone. Whatever it is I want it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

my finest hour.. i think it is possible to get everyone, but i've yet to do it .. poxy hard some times

My very first terror mission was a stroke of luck, all the aliens in one building, and all the civvies somewhere else entirely. Saved everyone. Felt freaking awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Bowling grenades at aliens never gets old.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

"Commander, you may want to tell your men that explosives...." Yeah, whatever.

GRENADES OUT!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

jaxdasher wrote: »
    http://www.destructoid.com/listings-for-xcom-enemy-within-have-popped-up-259111.phtml?

Expansion or Sequel? or expand-alone. Whatever it is I want it!

2K have said they will reveal it at Gamescom in 3 weeks. God damn, why is there so much juciness there when I cant go, finally have the money this year but work goes "Nope, nobody gets time off in August" :mad:

Yeah i had a feeling that they had some kind of non-disclosure agreement until The bureau went live. Firaxis had been recruiting specifically for XCOM for the last year too. Should be interesting to see what they're doing :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Release a fraking level editor already - this game would last a million years with the addition of Steam Workshopery. Fireaxis already does so with the Civ games and they're still going strong (with Civ 5 just after getting an expansion). I don't mind paying premium for "official" DLC if it means they keep supporting it and that the community can keep adding to it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I hate when you lose your best guys :(.

• Advertisement

archangel & plasma colonel sniper down?

Advertisement