Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Oh what? I'll have to buy the game again? Including dlc I already have!? I think I found what you are talking about, it includes dlcs on disc. I'm on ps3. That's bs. Forgive me for saying so.

Hadn't really thought about it but I agree, that is out of order.
    I also have the disc and bought the dlc.
    Looks like it may be like what Capcom did with Dark Arisen.
    Great if you haven't played it before but not so great for its existing customer base.

Hopefully they will release the extra content as DLC for those who already own the game and DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

You shouldn't have to buy it again at all. If you're on console it'll cost the same as PC but it will be a standalone version. I've no idea how it's supposed to work with the original in that way, i'm certain Firaxis will release more details before November regarding that.
    Possibly EW will contain XCOM EU anyway?

I know for certain that the Firaxis panel specifically said the price for both PC and Console will be the same. "30 bucks" american. Whatever that translates to for us, is whatever it'll be.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/02/xcom-enemy-within-too-big-to-be-dlc-on-xbox-360-ps3/

I was right. Got to buy the whole shebang. Apparently it's too big for dlc! BS! I've seen dlc that's 2gig+! Ah man not happy with this at all. And the worse thing. I'll probably buy it like a twat. Not cool.

Atleast release a patch for all version.

Ah that's a shame if you wanted to start with a save, otherwise it's fairly decent of them tbh. 30 quid for the entire EU & it's DLC plus EW.

At least i hope that's what they're doing. Wouldn't seem fair any other way.

Actually, if that's the plan now is the time to flog off enemy unknown before the price goes through the floor for preowned.

Ah that's a shame if you wanted to start with a save, otherwise it's fairly decent of them tbh. 30 quid for the entire EU & it's DLC plus EW.

At least i hope that's what they're doing. Wouldn't seem fair any other way.

Actually, if that's the plan now is the time to flog off enemy unknown before the price goes through the floor for preowned.

So your current disc and DLC become redundant.

Was thinking of selling/trading it alright. I can download the digital version with PS Plus until the EW comes out. Does anyone know if my save from playing the game on disc will work with the digital version?

• Advertisement

sin0city wrote: »
    So your current disc and DLC become redundant.

Was thinking of selling/trading it alright. I can download the digital version with PS Plus until the EW comes out. Does anyone know if my save from playing the game on disc will work with the digital version?

Yeah works fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/02/xcom-enemy-within-too-big-to-be-dlc-on-xbox-360-ps3/

I was right. Got to buy the whole shebang. Apparently it's too big for dlc! BS! I've seen dlc that's 2gig+! Ah man not happy with this at all. And the worse thing. I'll probably buy it like a twat. Not cool.

Atleast release a patch for all version.

Ugh guess i`ll just have to trade in my own XCOM in a trade deal at Xtravision.
    :(

GTR63 wrote: »
    Ugh guess i`ll just have to trade in my own XCOM in a trade deal at Xtravision.
    :(

Better hurry up. My Xtravision closed last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Sooooo, I can sell my current EU disc (X-Box)... Buy this new Commanders Edition and my Save data will work with the new game? I'm confused by this, and a little annoyed... BUT I can kind of see their logic in doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Hopefully they can fix some of the buggyness in the PS3 version.

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote: »
    Sooooo, I can sell my current EU disc (X-Box)... Buy this new Commanders Edition and my Save data will work with the new game? I'm confused by this, and a little annoyed... BUT I can kind of see their logic in doing it.

Given all the new content, I'd be suprised if current EU saves will work with EW. You had to start a new game to play the Slingshot DLC and there's a lot more to this so unless you're happy to just start again, I wouldn't sell your copy unless it's confirmed.
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Hopefully they can fix some of the buggyness in the PS3 version.

What bugs? There is slow down on PS3 and some tearing but the only bug I've experienced is having 2 sectoids spawn on top of me once.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

What bugs? There is slow down on PS3 and some tearing but the only bug I've experienced is having 2 sectoids spawn on top of me once.

I've had the teleporting enemy bug loads of times at this stage. Had 2 muton elites and a robot thingy (walker looking yoke) spawn pretty much on top of me over the space of 2 turns. Managed to kill the mutons, but got hammered after that (obviously reloaded). Had it been ironman, i'd have most likely smashed something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Kiith wrote: »
    I've had the teleporting enemy bug loads of times at this stage. Had 2 muton elites and a robot thingy (walker looking yoke) spawn pretty much on top of me over the space of 2 turns. Managed to kill the mutons, but got hammered after that (obviously reloaded). Had it been ironman, i'd have most likely smashed something.

still happens to me on pc

several times in the last month i've moved all my lads into cover to assault where i "know" aliens are, based on that's where they always are on certain maps. then all of a sudden aliens just *poof* out of nowhere right beside my squad after I've moved my last guy and get a free go.

that one isnt as common as it was before, at least on the pc anyway. But it is still there. Had it once on my last ironman playthrough and lost a colonel assault soldier :/ annoying but not catastrophic luckily :)

Kiith wrote: »
    Had it been ironman, i'd have most likely smashed something.

Yeah, if that happened to me on ironman I'd lose the will to play the game...for a while anyway :)

Hopefully they permanently fix that with Enemy Within.
    It'll be dissapointing if they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Given all the new content, I'd be suprised if current EU saves will work with EW. You had to start a new game to play the Slingshot DLC and there's a lot more to this so unless you're happy to just start again, I wouldn't sell your copy unless it's confirmed.

Kind of seems like their won't be a reason/need/want to go back and play regular EU though if you catch my drift.

I wonder will all the 2nd Wave options be available from the outset, as in the ones you get for having completed the game using EU

All the details of EW are found here.

http://xcom.wikia.com/wiki/XCOM:_Enemy_Within

Yeah, if that happened to me on ironman I'd lose the will to play the game...for a while anyway :)

Hopefully they permanently fix that with Enemy Within.
    It'll be dissapointing if they don't.
    All the details of EW are found here.

http://xcom.wikia.com/wiki/XCOM:_Enemy_Within

Firaxis have claimed to have fixed the bug for Enemy Within
    There will be a number of bug fixes (including the "teleport bug").

Official narrated gameplay demo

Spot the Robocop easter egg? :)

There will be a button ("Make item available") in the pre-mission UI that strips all soldiers not currently assigned to the Skyranger team of all equipment.

This is great too. No more cancelling back to the barracks before a mission and flipping through soldiers until you find who has the item you're looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

So started up a new game of X-Com. Starting in Africa to get the cash bonus, aiming to put 2 Sat in S.America early to get instant autopsies.

2 of my first 2 soldiers are Irish. Molly Kelly and Brennan Duff...looks like I better try to keep them safe.....(Also got 2 Nigerians so perhaps this is a a result of Dublin recruitment drive by X-COM?)

EDIT: My last playthrough (never actually finished that campaign) started with 2 Aussie troops....both with Kelly as a surname...Mary Kelly is currently a Colonel

For some reason i always get French females and Canadian Males, and rarely if ever get Irish Soldiers when i fire up a new game. That happen anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I got an Irish guy early on. Good old "Smokes" McLaughlin. He survived my entire playthrough and he was even had psychic abilities by the end. :P

XCOM: Enemy Within is on steam finally for preorders (Nov 15th release for euroland) at 10% off - €26.99 to me and you.

Also, you might be interested to know that XCOM:Enemy Unknown now has steam cards and some awesome backgrounds for your steam profiles. You can collect them or pick them up on the steam market for like 3 cent or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

<3 Steam cards, they're free money!

yeah, pretty much a discount voucher for the next game in my experience, play game, get cards, sell cards, buy more games :D haha

new trailer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

For some reason i always get French females and Canadian Males, and rarely if ever get Irish Soldiers when i fire up a new game. That happen anyone else?

If you know how to configure the .ini file, you can amend the chance rate of getting an Irish soldier. The chance rate of soldiers are varyingly different, I.e it's a higher chance to get an American soldier over an African soldier etc. I can't remember the rate for Irish soldiers but it was low enough.

i'll see if i can dig something out of the xcom mods forums for that, cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

i'll see if i can dig something out of the xcom mods forums for that, cheers

I had a look, but didn't find much. If I find anything I'll post back here though. Many hands and all the rest of it...

Advertisement