Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

If you get one of the user developed programs for the game (there is one but cannot think of the name) that allows you to directly access the config in a nice user-interface there should be a section that allows you to amend the soldier nationality chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

I know the one you are talking about (xcom toolboks) but it wouldn't work for me sadly.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I had major issues running Toolboks and a 45 degree rather than 90degree rotation camera mod - the game would crash on the first "alien spacehship" level and lock the camera to somewhere I couldn't see and move to.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

this looks awesome! ..and difficult.

Pre-ordered my copy of Enemy Within today, got it for just over €19 with GreenManGaming which seem to be the best place on price at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Pre-ordered my copy of Enemy Within today, got it for just over €19 with GreenManGaming which seem to be the best place on price at the moment.

That is a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Ordered my key from Cdkeys.com I emailed them as it was still not showing up. Good deal 18eu for it.

Customer support came back to me and said, that there was a feck up and they sold more then they had keys. :(

So no X-com for me tonight :(, but they said I should get it tomorrow and they offered me 5£ refund too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

got mine for 20 with ggg :)

steam just released it now :) downloading as i type, it's a 7.2 gig monster

I hate you all! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm leaving this one till the Christmas when I have the sort of time off I'd like to play it, but it looks great.

Still no key.... Assholes.... :mad:

Fecking joke at this stage. Still no Cd-key and they promised it for today. they already charged me, which is annoying fecking bit.

I emailed them just now and if they will go with same bull**** I am cancelling and going with other crowd.

Fecking joke at this stage. Still no Cd-key and they promised it for today. they already charged me, which is annoying fecking bit.

I emailed them just now and if they will go with same bull**** I am cancelling and going with other crowd.

Sorry to hear man hopefully they get back to you soon with the key!

Been playing this and my thoughts so far:
    - MEC Warriors are bloody awesome!
    - Exalt enemies are a pain in the ass!

Imagine a mission of 15-20 NPC humans carrying the same gear as you (only ballistic, no laser or plasma), the ability to heal and have 8 health each where your weapons do their normal base damage against them and that is what Exalt is. I nearly had completed a mission and they just completely swarm you at every point in the map and if a sniper flanks you, you are fucked

The expansion is great so far though, really adds a decent bit to the game and as I said, when you have a augmented MEC soldier it's awesome.

Got no reply since yesterday and a full refund this morning... So where I can buy for less then 30eu... I see Greenmangaming is back to 30eu ffs.

Got no reply since yesterday and a full refund this morning... So where I can buy for less then 30eu... I see Greenmangaming is back to 30eu ffs.

Kinguin: http://www.kinguin.net/catalogsearch/result/?q=xcom+enemy+within
    or
    G2Play: http://www.g2play.net/store/XCOM-Enemy-Within-Expansion-Pack-Steam-Key.html

danthefan wrote: »
    €17 here.

Have you used them before?

Just bought it off GreenManGaming. 24eu. Sick of playing cat and mouse with all those others CD-key websites.

I see it does not come up as a separate game in steam launcher. So I guess just downloading the whole X-com and Dlc will be in it.

I see it does not come up as a separate game in steam launcher. So I guess just downloading the whole X-com and Dlc will be in it.

When you boot XCOM from your steam games list it gives you the option to play either Enemy Unknown or Enemy Within.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Have you used them before?

Admittedly no, but I think they're the same group as G2Play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Fairly annoying that I couldn't preload this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Was playing a bit of enemy within, it's quite good. The map variation is probably the best addition for playing a new game.

Don't know if it's just me but the mecs seem absolutely useless. Can't hit the side of a barn and get ripped to pieces as soon as they get spotted.

upgrade them and level up your mectroopers!

Man, this game just became even more awesome than it already was.

I've been playing it a lot the last two days, doing a normal ironman, and sweet mother of god, the evil things that have happened me.

spoilers ahoy..
    the base defense was epic, though if you're unequipping all your soldiers all the time you're gonna be in big trouble (lost three colonels on that because they had bog standard gear and weapons equipped)

the new maps are great fun, eerie as hell music too, the whale nest... holy crap! lol the dam, awesome, even the old maps have a new twist, though in the 20 or so hours i've put into it i've only seen a few old maps. The Exalt faction is a lot of fun, covert ops etc.. loved it.

MEC's are great!

Disappointed so far. I was already bored of the combat from the original. Its the exact same. I don't know what I was expecting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Grimebox wrote: »
    Disappointed so far. I was already bored of the combat from the original. Its the exact same. I don't know what I was expecting

Same, i was hoping for something along the lines of Diablo 3 with guns and aliens:mad:

Same, i was hoping for something along the lines of Diablo 3 with guns and aliens:mad:

I'm talking strictly about the DLC. I thought it would be a stand-alone game with its own narritive. It is just the original with some extras tacked on. I am very disappointed

That's what it was all along, it's labelled as DLC on steam.
    To be fair though the amount of tacked on extras is amazing. For me it feels like playing XCOM from scratch. Worth every cent imo.

have ye played much of it? because there's a whole heap of things that happen throughout the campaign that's brand new, and pretty awesome too.

That's what it was all along, it's labelled as DLC on steam.
    To be fair though the amount of tacked on extras is amazing. For me it feels like playing XCOM from scratch. Worth every cent imo.

have ye played much of it? because there's a whole heap of things that happen throughout the campaign that's brand new, and pretty awesome too.

Haven't given it a proper go yet. Only played 4 missions or so. Its worth mentioned that I'm hungover right now. Everything seems bad right now :pac: I was looking forward to this too much I think. I had unreasonable expectations. I'll give it a proper go tomrrow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

upgrade them and level up your mectroopers!

Man, this game just became even more awesome than it already was.

I've been playing it a lot the last two days, doing a normal ironman, and sweet mother of god, the evil things that have happened me.

spoilers ahoy..
    the base defense was epic, though if you're unequipping all your soldiers all the time you're gonna be in big trouble (lost three colonels on that because they had bog standard gear and weapons equipped)

the new maps are great fun, eerie as hell music too, the whale nest... holy crap! lol the dam, awesome, even the old maps have a new twist, though in the 20 or so hours i've put into it i've only seen a few old maps. The Exalt faction is a lot of fun, covert ops etc.. loved it.

MEC's are great!

I have no idea how to use mecs. The only strategy I can think of is to hide them around corners and use them to falcon punch aliens in the face. On any sort if open map I dunno, thin men just focus them down & wreck them in a single turn.

Advertisement