Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC New Channels [Merged] - Latest - TG4 HD and RTÉ News Now launched

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xxyyxx

Heard it on a radio advert yesterday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭macker22

i find this hard to belive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

macker22 wrote: »

Sky Sports 1 & 2 HD banner and a giant UPC remote control.

sounds to good to be true sky givin upc there hd channels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭techdiver

Is there any official statement confirming this?

• Advertisement

cant find anythin on it . . ask upc on twitter about it waitin on a reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Great news if true. How much extra a month will it cost us though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Too much to ask for Sky F1 I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭techdiver

Too much to ask for Sky F1 I suppose

Don't be greedy now! :p

techdiver wrote: »
    Don't be greedy now! :p

If I was greeedy id be asking for Sky Sports League of Ireland HD :D

• Advertisement

Why would anybody make up something like that?

This sounds like the kind of photo shoot you see in the Metro Herald so we'll find out on the way to work some morning

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kitsy13

cant find anythin on it . . ask upc on twitter about it waitin on a reply

any word back from them on twitter yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I asked them on twitter and this was their reply:
    @Sundaytwist Hi there. We've no update regarding new channels at the moment, but as soon as we do we'll let our followers know. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kitsy13

Vahevala wrote: »
    I asked them on twitter and this was their reply:

they sent me the exact same tweet a few minutes ago

got the same tweet aswell . . hopefully its true and we get them for the start of the premier league

got the same tweet aswell . . hopefully its true and we get them for the start of the premier league

The guys in PR and on the helpdesk are usually the last to know at UPC

They will hardly announce it through a personal tweet! In fairness

well considering tats were they announce about ON DEMAND i taught they might do the same for this

Well if they are just doing a photo shoot to promote the new season it would be pretty stupid to have a banner with Sky Sports HD in it.

One girl was in a United shirt.

• Advertisement

well considering tats were they announce about ON DEMAND i taught they might do the same for this
    They told you personally first?

ye they tweeted me first are you for real ya gob****e they announce it over twitter so anyone on it could see

ye they tweeted me first are you for real ya gob****e they announce it over twitter so anyone on it could see
    That was my point, I know they announced it over twitter! Read my post FFS! What did I say? Personal tweet! :D

Nice personal attack by the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Murky Waters

Well it must be close on the horizon, as they are already advertising it on the UPC website as an add-on to their triple play packages: Add SkySportsHD for €48.54 a month.

09b0c_thumb.jpg

So between that, the advert heard on the radio yesterday and the eyewitness of the photo shoot, will some people still not believe it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Well it must be close on the horizon, as they are already advertising it on the UPC website as an add-on to their triple play packages: Add SkySportsHD for €48.54 a month.

09b0c_thumb.jpg

€15 extra a month for Sky Sports in HD? That's quite steep.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

09b0c_thumb.jpg

No sign of the SkySportsHD add-on now. €48.54 is a bit steep to say the least!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Murky Waters

infacteh wrote: »
    €15 extra a month for Sky Sports in HD? That's quite steep.......
    No sign of the SkySportsHD add-on now. €48.54 is a bit steep to say the least!

Yea, the add-on seems to have disappeared!

€15 extra is very steep - a bit too steep really imo, considering it's an extra €5 a month as it is for HD to begin with, unless people who already have a HD subscription would get it for €43.54. I was trying to do a test order to see if the total changed, but seeing as it's disappeared from the website I can't.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Macker22 if I see langauge like that again you will be banned. Play the ball not the person please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Yea, the add-on seems to have disappeared!

€15 extra is very steep - a bit too steep really imo, considering it's an extra €5 a month as it is for HD to begin with, unless people who already have a HD subscription would get it for €43.54. I was trying to do a test order to see if the total changed, but seeing as it's disappeared from the website I can't.

I think about €5 extra a month is all I'd pay for Sky Sports in HD. I'm already paying for Sky Sports and the HD pack. Comes to about €38/39 together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Morf wrote: »
    I think about €5 extra a month is all I'd pay for Sky Sports in HD. I'm already paying for Sky Sports and the HD pack. Comes to about €38/39 together.

Agree.... no way should it be more than €5 a mth extra else no way I'm buying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Virgin have had it in the uk for some time and they charge £7 extra but you get the sports and movies in HD, So know doubt being a rip off country i can see it being €15 just for the sports.

Not saying it will be that dear but you get the point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Belfunk wrote: »
    Photo shoot outside UPC HQ at the moment with two models holding up a sky sports hd 2 banner.

When I first read this, I assumed it was a Sky commercial being filmed. And I thought that's pretty cruel....

UPC adding 21 new HD channels?
    Sky Sports News HD, Sky News HD, Moveis HD, Sports HD etc
    I assume thats a joke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

UPC adding 21 new HD channels?
    Sky Sports News HD, Sky News HD, Moveis HD, Sports HD etc
    I assume thats a joke?

Where did u see/hear this?

• Advertisement

Just confirmed by UPC agent being announced tomorrow !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Where did u see/hear this?

here

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/new-media/item/28787-upc-adds-21-new-hd/
    Cable broadcaster and broadband player UPC has added 21 new HD channels to its TV service. As part of the rollout UPC and Sky have struck a deal to make 19 Sky channels in HD available on UPC, including Sky Sports 1 and 2 HD and Sky Movies HD, Sky News HD and Sky Sports News HD.

The move follows the recent rollout of UPC’s new On Demand TV service, which gives viewers access to the RTÉ Player, 3player, TV box sets and movies on demand.

“As we continue to increase our investment in high-quality pay-TV content, we’re keen to distribute our channels as broadly as possible to widen our reach and enable more households to enjoy some of the great programming Sky has to offer,” Rob Webster, director of Sky’s Commercial Group explained.

In addition to the Sky channels ESPN American and Disney HD have been added to UPC’s high definition line-up.

“The addition of a range of Sky’s HD channels together with ESPN HD and Disney HD means UPC customers can get really close to the sports and movie action in glorious high definition,” said Simon Kelehan, head of content at UPC said.

“We’re constantly seeking to add new services to make the UPC experience a really great one for our viewers and are very pleased to announce this enhanced deal with Sky. Together with the recent launch of UPC On Demand, we’re providing unique home entertainment to our customers.”

I assume they wont change the price of HD now and have a price change twice in a month. Opening up the contract cancellation debate again!

Well that makes a bit more sense now.

Maybe the 48 quid that showed up on the website was for both movies and sport package with the HD added, That would kinda bring it in line with the virgin prices.

• Advertisement

I assume they wont change the price of HD now and have a price change twice in a month.

It's free now.... You can be guaranteed that the HD pack will definitely not be free with sky sports!!!

It's free now.... You can be guaranteed that the HD pack will definitely not be free with sky sports!!!
    Whats free?

Whats free?

HD channels once you have a HD box, that is RTE 2HD , Nat Geo HD, ESPN HD, Eurosport HD etc.... No charge for those HD channels right now on UPC

HD channels once you have a HD box, that is RTE 2HD , Nat Geo HD, ESPN HD, Eurosport HD etc.... No charge for those HD channels right now on UPC

Dont you have to pay €5 a month to get the HD box??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

Pretty sure its an extra €5 a month for HD at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭rockal

Update
    http://www.techcentral.ie/19619/upc-adds-19-sky-channels-in-hd
    All UPC HD customers will receive Sky 1, Sky News, Sky Living, Sky Sports News, Sky Arts 1, Sky Arts 2 at no extra charge. Sky Sports and Movies Customers, with a current HD subscription, can upgrade their sports and movies for an extra €10 per month.

Existing UPC Sky Sports and Movies customers can upgrade to HD for an extra €15 per month.

So its basiclly €15 for a decent HD line up. I think they would want to be adding more than that in HD to be charging the same as sky

Ok so it seems the HD price will stay at €5! No increase according to UPC Agent.
    So far I know of Sky Arts, SSN, ESPN America, SS1, SS2 will all be HD as of tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Don't suppose they'll get the red button anytime soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭rockal

Ok so it seems the HD price will stay at €5! No increase according to UPC Agent.
    So far I know of Sky Arts, SSN, ESPN America, SS1, SS2 will all be HD as of tomorrow!

Not quite..
    As I quoted above.....Sky Sports and Movies Customers, with a current HD subscription, can upgrade their sports and movies for an extra €10 per month.

• Advertisement
Advertisement