Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC New Channels [Merged] - Latest - TG4 HD and RTÉ News Now launched

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭macker22

i have 120mb, home phone wit any time 200, digital max HD, sky sports and movies HD, setanta pack, mutv,On demand and all on 3 HD boxes for 170 a month i dont think sky or eircom can match tat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

With 120Mb Broadband you don't need SKY Movies HD.;)

the handy to have wen your bored , i'd like to see the like of channel 4 and itv's hd channels made available :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

macker22 wrote: »
    i have 120mb, home phone wit any time 200, digital max HD, sky sports and movies HD, setanta pack, mutv,On demand and all on 3 HD boxes for 170 a month i dont think sky or eircom can match tat
    PLease tell me you have called UPC and threatened to leave!
    Youll get 20-30 quid off I bet!
    They will probably give you free Multiroom, Free HD, €10 off TV, 2 months free Broadband etc etc! Just try, it pains me to see someone pay UPC that a month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

01. 135 RTE Two HD
    02. 139 BBC HD
    03. 140 BBC One HD
    04. 143 Sky1 HD
    05. 144 Sky Living HD
    06. 145 Sky Arts 1 HD
    07. 145 Sky Arts 2 HD

08. 219 Discovery HD
    09. 220 History HD
    10. 221 National Geographic Channel HD
    11. 222 Nat Geo Wild HD
    12. 225 Crime & Investigation HD
    13. 232 Sky News HD

14. 325 MGM HD
    15. 331 Sky Movies Comedy HD
    16. 332 Sky Movies Action & Adventure HD
    17. 333 Sky Movies Family HD
    18. 334 Sky Movies Sci-Fi & Horror HD
    19. 335 Sky Movies Classics HD
    20. 336 Sky Movies Indie HD
    21. 337 Sky Movies Modern Greats HD
    22. 338 Sky Movies Drama & Romance HD
    23. 339 Sky Movies Crime & Thriller HD
    24. 340 Sky Movies Showcase HD
    25. 341 Sky Movies Premiere HD

26. 412 Setanta HD
    27. 416 ESPN HD
    28. 417 ESPN America HD
    29. 424 British Eurosport HD
    30. 432 Sky Sports 1 HD
    31. 433 Sky Sports 2 HD
    32. 438 Sky Sports News HD

33. 612 Disney Cinemagic HD
    34. 633 Disney Channel HD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Regarding discounts, my bill would be €110 a month but after a phone call along the lines as discused, I got

Loyalty 12 month basic Telephony discount - €5.36
    Loyalty 12 month free HD - €4.12
    Loyalty offer €5 off fibre power broadband for 12 months - €5.01

So in total I get €14.49 off a month, all for time it took to ring them and the call is free!

This is the second year I've done it and it is a pain to have to go through it every year when the discount are due to expire and you do have to commit to another 12 month contract but if you're happy with their service and have no intention of leaving, you've nothing to lose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Regarding discounts, my bill would be €110 a month but after a phone call along the lines as discused, I got

Loyalty 12 month basic Telephony discount - €5.36
    Loyalty 12 month free HD - €4.12
    Loyalty offer €5 off fibre power broadband for 12 months - €5.01

So in total I get €14.49 off a month, all for time it took to ring them and the call is free!

This is the second year I've done it and it is a pain to have to go through it every year when the discount are due to expire and you do have to commit to another 12 month contract but if you're happy with their service and have no intention of leaving, you've nothing to lose!

I agree and do the same... but shouldn't we be quieter about this? the more it is advertised (the customer loyalty option) the worse the deals will become no?

I reckon we should be sharing this info by PM. (from someone who is getting a great deal year in year out using my pals in customer loyalty)

Leslie91 wrote: »

I agree and do the same... but shouldn't we be quieter about this? the more it is advertised (the customer loyalty option) the worse the deals will become no?

I reckon we should be sharing this info by PM. (from someone who is getting a great deal year in year out using my pals in customer loyalty)

I know where you're coming from but I don't think it's too high a percentage of UPC customers that read Boards so I don't know how much of an effect it'll have. It's a competitive market out there with Sky going door to door every couple of weeks so I'd say UPC are glad to give people discounts if it means locking them in for another year

It doesnt really matter, Sky do it, Sky offer more money off. The only reason I stay with UPC is they keep giving me money off when my contract is up. If they decide to stop doing that then Ill move to Sky! Simple! Its in their innterest to do thsi and they know when people call up the majority are only chancning their arm!

It's like buying a season ticket for a football team. They get less money than they would have otherwise but it's guaranteed income, in this case for 12 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

It's like buying a season ticket for a football team. They get less money than they would have otherwise but it's guaranteed income, in this case for 12 months

But doesn't everybody signing up sign up for 12 mths minimum? I guess you mean when lads are out of contract it makes a diff.

I hear ya though, maybe I'm just being paranoid. I've been v happy to get the deals they've been giving me over the years.

But doesn't everybody signing up sign up for 12 mths minimum? I guess you mean when lads are out of contract it makes a diff.

I hear ya though, maybe I'm just being paranoid. I've been v happy to get the deals they've been giving me over the years.
    You can also bargain when they change T&C!

if you ask them to put you true to the billing department there very good there they took 40 euro off my bill a few weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

macker22 wrote: »
    PLease tell me you have called UPC and threatened to leave!
    Youll get 20-30 quid off I bet!
    They will probably give you free Multiroom, Free HD, €10 off TV, 2 months free Broadband etc etc! Just try, it pains me to see someone pay UPC that a month

I rang them earlier after reading this, bill is normally 140 ish a month. Got 13.75 of my bill a month and sky sports and movies free for the next two months,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

01. 135 RTE Two HD
    02. 139 BBC HD
    03. 140 BBC One HD
    04. 143 Sky1 HD
    05. 144 Sky Living HD
    06. 145 Sky Arts 1 HD
    07. 145 Sky Arts 2 HD

08. 219 Discovery HD
    09. 220 History HD
    10. 221 National Geographic Channel HD
    11. 222 Nat Geo Wild HD
    12. 225 Crime & Investigation HD
    13. 232 Sky News HD

14. 325 MGM HD
    15. 331 Sky Movies Comedy HD
    16. 332 Sky Movies Action & Adventure HD
    17. 333 Sky Movies Family HD
    18. 334 Sky Movies Sci-Fi & Horror HD
    19. 335 Sky Movies Classics HD
    20. 336 Sky Movies Indie HD
    21. 337 Sky Movies Modern Greats HD
    22. 338 Sky Movies Drama & Romance HD
    23. 339 Sky Movies Crime & Thriller HD
    24. 340 Sky Movies Showcase HD
    25. 341 Sky Movies Premiere HD

26. 412 Setanta HD
    27. 416 ESPN HD
    28. 417 ESPN America HD
    29. 424 British Eurosport HD
    30. 432 Sky Sports 1 HD
    31. 433 Sky Sports 2 HD
    32. 438 Sky Sports News HD

33. 612 Disney Cinemagic HD
    34. 633 Disney Channel HD
    i think that 20 HD channels for €5 is great value

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Merged threads.

It makes the UPC HD offer a lot more attractive, though the lack of Sky Sports HD 3 & 4, Sky Atlantic, and Sky Sports F1 is still disappointing. I would now however consider getting HD from UPC, whereas I wouldn't have before. Sky are only required to offer Sky Sports 1 & 2 HD to other providers in the UK, so this may be the reason for the omission of 3 & 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

icdg wrote: »
    Merged threads.

It makes the UPC HD offer a lot more attractive, though the lack of Sky Sports HD 3 & 4, Sky Atlantic, and Sky Sports F1 is still disappointing. I would now however consider getting HD from UPC, whereas I wouldn't have before. Sky are only required to offer Sky Sports 1 & 2 HD to other providers in the UK, so this may be the reason for the omission of 3 & 4

We will never see 3&4 added, if they do it wont be for a long time.

Just give me Chan4/E4/FX/Comedy Cent/Film 4/MTV and Syfy and then thats pretty much everything i'll need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

How much are we looking at for UPC Full HD with say 50mb bb & Telephone?

Manc-Red wrote: »
    How much are we looking at for UPC Full HD with say 50mb bb & Telephone?

€135 thats with sports and movies, HD, 50mb bb and phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭doledude86

Im already a UPC HD subscriber and I have the sky sports package, will I automatically get the HD on the sports channels or will I have to pay more?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    €135 thats with sports and movies, HD, 50mb bb and phone

Cheers. I'm paying €111 for Sky Full HD with UPC 50mb & 200 mins Phone.... Think I'll be staying that way until they come up with a better package deal

doledude86 wrote: »
    Im already a UPC HD subscriber and I have the sky sports package, will I automatically get the HD on the sports channels or will I have to pay more?

€10 more a month

to get sky sports and movies in hd you have to ring up its an extra 10 a month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

10 euro per month extra for the pleasure.

You gotta pay €10 more to get the 2 sports in HD

and 11 hd movie channels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭doledude86

Thats ridiclious I mean Im subscribed to both why aint I entitled to it, just terrible, I already pay enough a month

i'd say they have to charge for it to cover the cost of gettin them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Murky Waters

Thats ridiclious I mean Im subscribed to both why aint I entitled to it, just terrible, I already pay enough a month
    Yea it looks as if it's only worth paying the extra €10 if you have the Sports+Movies pack. Not worth it for Sports alone, unless maybe if you've got a very large screen in which case the HD improvement would be more noticeable.

HD on SkySports1 & 2 should be standard for HD SkySports subscribers. By charging extra they are just adding another premium layer to what is an already premium service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭mollser

Yea it looks as if it's only worth paying the extra €10 if you have the Sports+Movies pack. Not worth it for Sports alone, unless maybe if you've got a very large screen in which case the HD improvement would be more noticeable.

HD on SkySports1 & 2 should be standard for HD SkySports subscribers. By charging extra they are just adding another premium layer to what is an already premium service.

maybe so, but its the same price as sky. at least with upc you can get all the other hd channels for only 5 per month unlike sky. very happy with this offer i must say, might order hd now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Sky Arts 1 SD has appeared tonight.

Channel 141 I think.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

I would presume Sky are charging UPC extra per month per customer for supply of the HD version of Sky Sports. Sky are not a charity and it was likely this way or not at all.

End of the day, we now have a choice, before we didnt! Good work UPC!

End of the day, we now have a choice, before we didnt! Good work UPC!
    Agreed, plus there's more than one way to skin a cat. It is possible that they might be able to increase some of the loyalty discounts to offset some of the added charges - that way they could still charge the €10 or €15 at the same time reduce the customer's total charge.

Doing this could well depend on uptake, so time will tell. I suppose it's a matter of waiting to see what's offered when renewal time comes around, which for me is only a few months away anyway.

If one wasn't sure when their contract was up for renewal, how could one find out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Is there a list of these new channels?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80262019&postcount=129

Plus 141 - Sky Arts 1 SD has since been added

Morf wrote: »
    If one wasn't sure when their contract was up for renewal, how could one find out?
    If it's not clear from previous pdf copies of your bills on My UPC online then I suppose you'd have to ring 1908

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

I have basic package will I have to pay extra for these channels many thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Hootanany wrote: »
    I have basic package will I have to pay extra for these channels many thanks in advance.

With the exception of Sky Sports and Movies you will get whatever channels are included in your package for the HD price of €5 a month. If you are already a HD customer then the only channels you will have to pay extra for are Sky Sports and Movies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭smurf22

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Is there a list of these new channels?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_channels_on_UPC_Ireland

If it's not clear from previous pdf copies of your bills on My UPC online then I suppose you'd have to ring 1908

Need to ring customer care. Looking at the bills online, I seem to be on the same for at least the last 12 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

If you upgrade to Sky Sports HD today for €10, does this mean you are then committed to UPC for 12 months from now?

Benny Cake wrote: »
    If you upgrade to Sky Sports HD today for €10, does this mean you are then committed to UPC for 12 months from now?

I'm pretty sure premium channels or add on the these channels are month by month.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 garyingalway

Always wanted to get skysports hd, so woke up to a nice surprise last Thursday morning.After calling them I found out For just €20 extra a month I was able to get the 'skysports hd upgrade' and move from 25mb to 100mb broadband. Very happy Now. :-) well done UPC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Always wanted to get skysports hd, so woke up to a nice surprise last Thursday morning.After calling them I found out For just €20 extra a month I was able to get the 'skysports hd upgrade' and move from 25mb to 100mb broadband. Very happy Now. :-) well done UPC.

Is that going from an existing HD package or did you get the full HD package with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ElJental

Manc-Red wrote: »
    Cheers. I'm paying €111 for Sky Full HD with UPC 50mb & 200 mins Phone.... Think I'll be staying that way until they come up with a better package deal

Wow is that a single room viewing may I ask because at the moment I also have the full HD pack from sky and it sets me back 106 a month now my first 12 months are up and was 96 till last month and then add 52 a month for phone and BB 50MB. Now I just did a bundle package on upc for everything including MR like I have with Sky and it works out at 144.71 so that be a saving of 13 euros a month going with UPC although 15ish HD lighter,hmm anyone advise what the service(reliable) and picture quality is like on UPC compared to sky, Thanks. Stick with Sky or Go full UPC its a hard one :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 garyingalway

djimi wrote: »
    Is that going from an existing HD package or did you get the full HD package with that?

I had the HD pack and sky sports sd already, it was €10extra for sky sports HD and €10 extra for 100mb broadband

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

WOooooo! Lets not go too far here :D

Ha yes. Just a sudden rush of blood to the head. Never thought Sky would wholesale their HD sport to UPC.
    Money must be tight at Sky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Eamo71 wrote: »
    Ha yes. Just a sudden rush of blood to the head. Never thought Sky would wholesale their HD sport to UPC.
    Money must be tight at Sky!

I would imagine the lack of broadband available with Sky keeps people away. Few want to pay for both Sky TV and UPC broadband. I know Sky are releasing their own broadband soon (or might have already) but from what I remember, it was a piggyback off Eircom. Sad to say I've been there and done that before. No thanks...

• Advertisement
Advertisement