Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dividing lump sum prior to legal moves

• 15-08-2012 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

My parents are separating and the assets will be split. My father is recently retired and received a moderate lump sum which my mother has requested half of immediately. My father has no problem doing this but is concerned that she will still be entitled to half of what he will have left of the lump sum when things go down the legal route i.e. if his worth will be calculated at that point in time with no acknowledgement of the half of his money that she would receive now.

Should he seek to have her sign an witnessed agreement acknowledging that she has received half of his money and that she will not seek any further part of his lump sum in the future, or should he refuse to hand over anything pending a seperation settlement? Would any agreement signed be binding and should he word it himself with a witness or seek to have a solicitor draft one?

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

2TL

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement