Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We're next..!

Options
  • 15-08-2012 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

28 more days till the JC results!! :eek:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

AulBiddy wrote: »
    28 more days till the JC results!! :eek:
    What u think u got??*

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Layzerman

I'm actually looking forward to it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

Don't talk about it, as long as I get 9 honours and get a D in honours Maths I'd be delighted. I'd be happy with 3 As which would be stretching it but I'd be over the moon. I'm more curious than nervous about my results.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭AulBiddy

Leinsterr wrote: »
    What u think u got??*

honestly? im not too sure.. but im hoping i did better than in my mocks, almost all Ds :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Almost everyone will do better than they think they will. It's designed like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

spurious wrote: »
    Almost everyone will do better than they think they will. It's designed like that.

I'm sorry spurious, but I've been dying to say this for ages. Your avatar looks like Don McLean in a huff. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

I remember you saying this last year in the run up to my results, and thinking 'sure what do they know', but speaking as someone who had no clue as to what way the results would go, and having convinced myself i'd be lucky to pass everything, I ended up far, far surpassing my expectations, as did everyone else I know. So you were right, and I wish I had believed you at the time.
    So just learn from that everyone, be optimistic and you'll be pleasantly surprised :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

Indiego wrote: »
    I remember you saying this last year in the run up to my results, and thinking 'sure what do they know', but speaking as someone who had no clue as to what way the results would go, and having convinced myself i'd be lucky to pass everything, I ended up far, far surpassing my expectations, as did everyone else I know. So you were right, and I wish I had believed you at the time.
    So just learn from that everyone, be optimistic and you'll be pleasantly surprised :-)
    Well optimism can hurt you badly at times. I hope and pray I get an A in geography cus I worked my a** off all year (even though im not doing it for leaving) but everyone got confused on a long question which costs 6% where I unfortunately took a guess and went for the wrong answer when everyone else guessed correctly and got the right answer. So now i have to get 58 out of 60 in the short qs and get at least 27 out of 30 in my other 2 long questions. Basically thats one A gone down the toilet. I walked out of religion after 50 mins. Thats one B gone down the toilet. I messed up a comprehension in my irish test which was worth 20 marks and I think I only got 10 out of the 20 and i didnt do well in the aural so thats another A i really wanted (got As all year with a really tough teacher) gone down the toilet. Only answered half a question wrong in english so I can only get 5-7 out of the 10 marks. Another A gone (really wanted an A). Really tried in Maths and made some stupid mistake in paper 1 and 2 so now im destined to get a B. Overall really disappointed. People dont get your hopes up but dont get depressed over it, its good learning experience and bull like that but mainly the JC doesnt matter. Im really annoyed at myself cause i worked all year, through a serious injury, and deserve more than 4As, when im aspiring to be a doctor/physiotherapist :(

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Delightfully Pessimistic

I'm hoping I did well in it but I'm not letting myself get worried about the results.
    At the end of the day the Junior Cert means absolutely fuck all in TY/5th Year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭IloveConverse

Most of you will do better than you expected, but in a minority of cases some won't. Just be prepared that it can swing this way too.

Moreover, the JC is building block for the LC.

Best of luck to you all. :D

Remember they're your results and no-one elses. If you don't what to share your results you don't have to! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

Troxck wrote: »
    Don't talk about it, as long as I get 9 honours and get a D in honours Maths I'd be delighted. I'd be happy with 3 As which would be stretching it but I'd be over the moon. I'm more curious than nervous about my results.

This x1000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭ektec

I'm dreading it.. I have a funny feeling I dont worse than the mocks!!

In geography in the JC exam I answered a long question totally wrong..I done it nearly in every exam!

I don't want my results!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'm sorry spurious, but I've been dying to say this for ages. Your avatar looks like Don McLean in a huff. :D

My avatar is the GORGEOUS Jude Kuring, an Australian actress who always played, um, 'unusual' looking characters.

To be honest, I wouldn't consider getting a B instead of an A as doing badly.

It is next to impossible that someone who genuinely believes they are headed for an A and have done the work will fail that subject - unless they are deluded, of course.

It's amusing on results day to see the guys who hardly came in, never did homework, upset the class as a whole, did no projects or practical work suddenly act all disappointed when they don't get an A or B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

I'm curious about my results. I wish I could know one result - science. Because I know I did so **** in it and it will be a big downer on my results day, because I'm expecting mostly B's and a few A's and I'll be lucky to scrape a C in it. If I fail it, I will die.

So if I knew in advance at least I wouldn't be that upset. And my parents will always dwell on the bad result instead of the 10 good ones, so I wish we all could know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Is that a bet :P like last year

Advertisement