Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC On Demand in D15

Options
  • 15-08-2012 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Is this service working for anyone, in carpenterstown and no sign of it working even though my signal testis successful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Working here in Roselawn area all morning.

Though there is (yet again) a noise issue on the line which causes infrequent and short disconnections.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

everytime i consider moving to upc i see a thread like this and i change my mind. i would save about 20 quid a month and get 50 more channels but is it worth it?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Don't have On Demand in Ongar. UPC told me we'd be getting it in a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

everytime i consider moving to upc i see a thread like this and i change my mind. i would save about 20 quid a month and get 50 more channels but is it worth it?
    If you like fast Internet, then yes. It's a no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

dodzy wrote: »
    If you like fast Internet, then yes. It's a no brainer.

This. For the price their broadband is really good

Agreed though, I cant understand why areas in the modern network dont have on demand yet, my parents 100 year old gaff on the southside has it and they wouldnt know what to do with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Not in castleknock, deerpark end.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Katie30

Hi,

I live in Carpenterstown. I have been ringing UPC non stop. They first advised 5th Aug then 10th then 17th then 20th and still nothing.

It is in Roselawn and the Laurel Lodge area as my friends have it.

It is meant to be very good. Hoping I get it soon.

I will be ringing them again this evening, it's beyond a joke now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Katie30 wrote: »
    Hi,

I live in Carpenterstown. I have been ringing UPC non stop. They first advised 5th Aug then 10th then 17th then 20th and still nothing.

It is in Roselawn and the Laurel Lodge area as my friends have it.

It is meant to be very good. Hoping I get it soon.

I will be ringing them again this evening, it's beyond a joke now!

There was a massive network failure in the Roselawn area a while ago. They decided it was quicker/easier to switch to the new network rather than fix the old one. I think this is the only reason why it's available in this area.

So the lesson is....go out and break some cables :D

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭annfield1978

Has anyone got the on demand service? Still no sign in carpenterstown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

We have it in Waterville

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

It's appeared for me in Mulhuddart now. I rang up at the time it was announced to see when i'd get it and was told I'd get a letter notifying me when it was going to start here but this never happened so I hadn't checked in about a month or so but I just checked there and I have it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It's been in Mulhuddart for about 3 months now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

In Carpenterstown myself and as far as I know we don't have it. Up by Woodbrook if it makes any odds. Can check out later when I get home, but have been tired of checking to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

In Clonsilla and don't have it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jmcturk

Im in Mulhuddart and haven't got it yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

I have it here in Carpenterstown but had a bit of a job to get it!

Only moved into the house here in September, had it for a day or 2 but then it disappeared! So after a few weeks once I got the time and energy, I rang UPC and spent a good half hour on the phone to them. It was more the fact I was paying for the service and not getting it than anything else as I've rarely used it since. Anyway, they couldnt tell me why it was appearing on their systems as being available but wasnt been displayed as on option to me! They said they'd look into it, send out an engineer etc and call me back.....heard nothing but a few days later I checked again and there it was in all its glory!

So basically Id say call them up, complain, look for an answer and say that people in the area have it and you might get lucky!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Have had it here in Blakestown for a few months now. To be honest, I barely use it. Mostly only the homegrown programs from RTE and TV3 are available to view on it and I don't watch too many of those.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I checked it again today, as I do sporadically, and I have it now. So anybody else who didn't have it, it's probably worth re-trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

quickbeam wrote: »
    I checked it again today, as I do sporadically, and I have it now. So anybody else who didn't have it, it's probably worth re-trying.

Have had it a couple of weeks in Clonsilla too.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

In Tyrrelstown, appeared for me at the end of August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭annfield1978

just appeared today

only one box set i'm interested in watchin :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

just appeared today

only one box set i'm interested in watchin :-(

One more than me.... :)

“Roll it back”

Advertisement