Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ski season in Whistler 2012/13

Options
  • 15-08-2012 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi there,

I have booked my flights and will be in Whistler from the 26th October. I am really creating this thread to see if anyone else is going/has been before.

I'm looking for info on finding jobs once I get there, or should I start looking now? If so, where? Wanna work in a bar/restaurant if possible.

Also, accommodation? There are 3 of us going over but we'd like to live in a house with more people than just ourselves, say 8-10 people, what is the likelihood of this? Is this something we should organise before going or wait til we get there?

I'm also wondering about bank accounts and mobile network providers, which are the best, is this something I should organise before going?

Any other advice would be excellent, and if you've been before, did you enjoy it overall? highlights? Are you going this year??

I really cannot wait to go now just trying to get all these worries sorted at the minute!
    Thanks!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 skreepers

Can anyone help at all??

• Registered Users Posts: 18 skreepers

Please!! There must be someone who knows something about this!? Anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

have you tried the whistler blackcomb site?
    http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/
    they are one of the major hirers and you will need a garda clearance form to apply for any of the jobs.
    season can be delayed a few weeks if there is no snow but they offer accommdation for employees(at a cost of course).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

If you search through the Canadian threads on here there are few on banks and mobile providers with plenty info.

As for accommodation and such in Whistler I don't know much but Craiglist is worth a shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

they are one of the major hirers and you will need a garda clearance form to apply for any of the jobs.

You mention Garda cert for jobs? Is this normal as I don't havea copy as I sent the original in with my visa application.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

You mention Garda cert for jobs? Is this normal as I don't havea copy as I sent the original in with my visa application.

yes its a compulsory requirement for Whistler Blackcomb company jobs

Advertisement