Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC World 3TB drive

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,096 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I bet Pixmania is happy that they're not getting robbed for extortionate Irish rents and the other extortionate overheads that businesses here get screwed for.

Having said that, I wouldn't buy one from PC World.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Homer

Peats also have the same drive for 169

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Homer wrote: »
    Peats also have the same drive for 169

Link?

Only 3TB I see is this ...
    http://www.peats.com/cgi-bin/catalog_v2.cgi?type=product&id=29373

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Komplett have it for 165 with free shipping. Site says 0 in stock but expected today.
    http://www.komplett.ie/Komplett/product/external/20069649/wd_my_book_essential_3tb_3_5_usb_3_0/details.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

You know what the funny thing is, they are both owned by the Dixons group XD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Komplett have it for 165 with free shipping. Site says 0 in stock but expected today.
    http://www.komplett.ie/Komplett/product/external/20069649/wd_my_book_essential_3tb_3_5_usb_3_0/details.aspx

New stock in 7 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

mathie wrote: »
    New stock in 7 days.

Dammit, it did say expected today.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

mathie wrote: »

Why don't you start a thread and ask Declan (the CEO of PC World Ireland) over on the Currys / PC world forum and ask for his opinion, I'll bet you get a decent offer then ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Who buys anything in PC World unless its on special / rare bargain?

What keeps them going is the fact that there are a lot of people to scared to put a desktop together and laptop pricing from the 'reputable' brands is a cartel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭Gotham

Got a Seagate 3tb in Maplin for €150.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

This thread is ancient, but pcworld have the drive for 150 with "120 off"
    http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/WD-My-Book-Essential-External-Hard-Drive-3TB-Black/307825/326

This is what I was guessing was going on when I read the first post. Just like loads of supermarkets have overpriced stuff that only an idiot would buy, they must sell it at that price for a certain time before they can legally say its a legitimate "offer" "reduction"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Don't be to sure Rubadub; I asked our facility manager to get me some external 2TB drives (retail around 120 EUR at the time) and she came back qouting me 500 EUR excl. VAT from our office supplier for them and asked me how many she should order. There are always clueless people out there who'll take what ever the price is and buy it because they are to lazy to shop around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Nody wrote: »
    There are always clueless people out there who'll take what ever the price is and buy it because they are to lazy to shop around.
    +1, I am sure loads buy the supermarket stuff at double the price, just like some loons buy takeaway pizza without vouchers.

Some take advantage of office accounting systems too, you often see office supply places selling biscuits or coffee at ludicrous prices, but it could work out cheaper than all the admin costs involved in processing they buying of a bag of sugar from dunnes.

I remember my father getting some printer from PC world, it was an OK price, then I see they sold him a €2 cable for €15 or €18. Sent him back with it.

Advertisement