Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are points from last year (2011) valid for this years CAO (2012) if I just repeated?

• 15-08-2012 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Bit confused.
    I'm hearing comforting whispers that my points from last years leaving cert can be used for my CAO offers next week, even though I just repeated and sat my leaving certificate this summer.

SOMEHOW I managed to do worst than last year ..!
    So the way my CAO is filled this year, I would have just enough points for some courses, if I was to use my 2011 leaving cert points.

Is anyone familiar with this? What is the process to go about this? Or does the CAO automatically select the leaving cert in their archive that has the most points?

Thanks for any advice on this matter,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

jenifa wrote: »
    Bit confused.
    I'm hearing comforting whispers that my points from last years leaving cert can be used for my CAO offers next week, even though I just repeated and sat my leaving certificate this summer.

SOMEHOW I managed to do worst than last year ..!
    So the way my CAO is filled this year, I would have just enough points for some courses, if I was to use my 2011 leaving cert points.

Is anyone familiar with this? What is the process to go about this? Or does the CAO automatically select the leaving cert in their archive that has the most points?

Thanks for any advice on this matter,

When you were applying to the CAO this year, did you give them last years exam number and did you get a paper copy back with last years results on it? As long as they have your results from last year, they will use whichever is the highest. Requirements can be taken from 2 sittings (except for medicine) so if you had a C3 in maths this year that you didn't get last year, that will be counted if you needed a C3 even if last years points are used.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jenifa

When I looked online on CAO they have my exam details for this year and last year, including results.

I feel a bit happier now, ahhhhhhhh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭pinkballetdance

I think they may count them even if you didn't provide that information because you provide your PPSN, Which is basically how your seen by every system and everything is linked to that number. I sat FETAC Exams as part of an evening course the 2 years before and I never told CAO anything about them but they had them as part of my application! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Vista255

I know a few people who repeated and from what i was told what you got last year wont count for this year because you repeated the leaving.. basicly what you got this time is what is going to be used on your CAO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Nah they do get counted, emailed the CAO myself a few weeks ago. They just take the highest points from whatever sitting from any year, the same if you needed a specific grade. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Vista255

Nah they do get counted, emailed the CAO myself a few weeks ago. They just take the highest points from whatever sitting from any year, the same if you needed a specific grade. :)

are you sure? i know that if you got good points in 2011 took a year out and re-applied to the cao, THEN you 2011 results are used.. but if the CAO say they take any year, sure then your sorted!! :)

Advertisement