Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CNC machining?

Options
  • 15-08-2012 2:38pm
    Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Me again, looking for a business recommendation again.

I need to find someone with a CNC router who can precisely machine a few holes in 120-odd polycarbonate boxes for me. I've approached one precision engineering company who said they could do it but weren't interested.

Anyone know of a small engineering company with a CNC router that would be interested in taking this on? I can supply a CAD drawing to give a head start on setting up the CNC program.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Would the likes of Murphy stainless steel or Jackson engineering have something like that?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I dunno, aren't they more into heavy engineering? I'm looking more at precision engineering and custom fabrication. I'm also talking about plastics as opposed to steel.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭smallfry

Try these guys, they might be able to help; http://olandi-engineering.engineering.trades-services.foxford.tel/
    Ask for Damien, he's very good to deal with.

smallfry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

What about Collins Plastic's in Ballina (Bunree Ind Est)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

Did you try precision engineering, Killala road Ballina or tool and gauge Tubbercurry.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Comer in Corofin has a wide selection of tools for CNC, give them a call, http://www.graniteandmarble.ie/about-us.html

CNC differs only in tolerances and tools to hand to snap on.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Sorted with Olandi, as it happens.

Advertisement