Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC: Usual 'losing channels' bug

• 15-08-2012 2:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

My UPC box is mucking about. Channels are, one by one, going to Loss of Signal and others are beginning to break up. I've seen this before, and the only solution is to get a new box which is easy.

However I have loads of stuff recorded - all of Criminal Minds (7 seasons x 24 episodes) and South Park (5 seasons x 14 episodes so far). Criminal Minds especially has been trickling in for the last 5 months off Sky Living.

If I get a new box, I'll lose all this. Is there any way AT ALL to keep it? I know you cant copy to DVD or USB or anything, but is there any way of removing the HDD and putting it into the new box? Is there any way around this at all?

Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement