Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free money being handed out

Options
  • 15-08-2012 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭

I got handed a fiver today, along with the person I was with, from some lad with a whole bundle of fivers in the Galway Shopping Centre. Anyone know why he was doing this? He didn't say anything, other than "we're giving out free money today". Thought it was a fake at first, I didn't even thank him..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭tphase

go back for another fiver and remember to say thanks this time...

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

I could do with some fivers, where exactly was this fellow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

It was on the radio, he's doing it for good karma after reading The Secret.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

It was on the radio, he's doing it for good karma after reading The Secret.

Boy, will he have egg on his face!! a weeks dole squandered

• Registered Users Posts: 26 matchball

I got one earlier this afternoon, it was pretty wired. He was handing out crisp ones to people at random.
    To qutoe one security gaurd "There's some lunatic handing out fivers to everyone"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

Always wondered what the result would be if somebody started handing out money on the street. Had the feeling people would think it was a promotion and refuse to take them. But I guess once somebody's confirmed they're real the word will spread?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭lucianot

That's some cheap karma. He should be giving out 50 eur notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭piscesgirl1

Heard on i radio today that they did it as they wanted to get the fiver into circulation and they are reading out serial numbers and if u have it you win $100!!!ha
    hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Would rather rip up every note I have than listen to the idiotic crap that comes out of that station*.

*I have never purposefully listened to them but unfortunately I have been within 300 yards of their outside broadcast unit thingy numerous times so I have been forced to listen to their screeching.
    I reckon the girl that did the PA for the Ocean Race must have done an internship with them.

Advertisement