Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting results rechecked - Is there a Point?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

dubdub123 wrote: »
    Are there set dates for viewing the scripts? Do you have to arrange this in advance. My daughter felt she would get a higher grade in French and is considering a re-check. How would this work with the tape and oral part? Will she be told the grade she received in each section or just grade for paper and then figure out the overall grade for the rest? Overall she's thrilled but this one result is significantly lower than the others.

Did my Leaving Cert in 2008 but if I remember correctly, I didn't see what I got in my oral, but they did had my tape paper to see that. I'm pretty sure I was trying to work what I would have gonna in Irish in the oral at the time. It might be different now though.

As for the topic starter, if you feel you should get it rechecked then do it. I reviewed all my papers and Business was actually the one I came out of thinking I had done best in - low and below it was my lowest grade. I set it to be rechecked and the grade didn't change. Review it with your teacher and see what they think and how you did. From a number of people here, others aren't happy with their mark either. Perhaps it was marked rather difficult this year?

Advertisement