Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could this be a miscarriage?

Options
  • 15-08-2012 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi ladies,
    I'm not looking for medical advice at all, just curious as to what others make of this.

Ok, so I'm on the pill and have been for the past 6 years and nothing like this has ever happened before.
    My period comes on the exact same day every month(Tuesday), like clock work and it last around 3/4 days. So yesterday should have been when I got my period, however, on Saturday morning just gone (4 days early) having taken my last pill of the pack the day before (Friday) I woke up with period pains and when I went to the bathroom there was what I thought was my period arriving early which I thought was quite strange. Anyway, it was brown with lots of clots in it and this continued on for 4 days up until today. Today it's bright red blood and a lot of it. Every time I go to the toilet it's just bright red blood coming out and a few clots. No major pain or anything, just a constant dull ache.
    Yesterday I was feeling really down and emotional and was crying for no reason and have noticed over the past few days I've been getting really bad hot flushes to the point where I'm literally sweating.

I'm just a bit worried really and wondering if anyone has experienced similar or thinks I may be over thinking it...

I'm gonna see how it is over the next few days before seeing a doctor if needs be.

Thanks.

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I think that any change in your cycle should be checked out by a doctor. The only way you would know if you miscarried is to do a pregnancy test. Some are very sensitive so you can use them before your period due date. However if its a positive test, you would also need to go to the doctor.

Either way, your best bet is your doctor ASAP :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Ellsbells

Yep do a pregnancy test.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I had an experience which sounds almost exactly like this a few months bakc, and it scared the living daylights out of me. Out of the what seemed like the blue, but I was literally in agony without paraceomel and ibobrufen. Been on pill since 05 with no breaks. Went to GP and she was very unsympathetic and said that it was probably just 'one of those bad periods'. This was unsatisfactory to me and I geneuinely did wonder...

I would def go to the GP and get checked out, and maybe even be able to do a smear as any irregular bleeding or unusual stuff happening down there should be checked out.

Advertisement